Contribute
Register

PCIe audio card working El Capitan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Uhm.... that card doesn't have a 3.5mm jack, but 4x 6,5mm only (two stereo in + two stereo out). If you don't install the driver it won't work, neither the audio routing nor the control panel (this one works ONLY if you check "open in 32 bit mode").
Here's the driver.

Attachments

• MAYA44_XTe-Mac-v1_08.dmg.zip
    509.7 KB · Views: 81
Uhm.... that card doesn't have a 3.5mm jack, but 4x 6,5mm only (two stereo in + two stereo out). If you don't install the driver it won't work, neither the audio routing nor the control panel (this one works ONLY if you check "open in 32 bit mode").
Here's the driver.

Do you know where to buy this card?
I just found one on Amazon but the seller has almost 0% percent rating lol

Here in Italy I bought it on Amazon, I've seen there are some listed on German eBay

Hi folks. For those still looking for a good, fast and cheap internal audio card I'm here to confirm the ESI Maya 44 XTe (PCI express) works:thumbup: I'm running El Capitan 10.11.2 and the driver I've found on ESI Audio website is quite outdated (2013) but it works fine, the card shows up normally in system profiler and all the 4 inputs and 4 outputs are listed. There's also a little app to configure the card, it works too but a little bug with graphics (not showing faders level bar) but all functions e.g. sample rate, routing, mute, level are OK. Apple Audio Midi configuration's app sees the card and all options are available. I'm using this audio card mainly for Guitar Rig5 in my headphones, lot of fun and extremely low latency, I can change sample rate on-the-fly no need to restart the application, changes take place instantly and audio quality is very good. For what I payed for I'm very satisfied:mrgreen: Look at the attachement, less than 10 milliseconds for the COMPLETE ROUND TRIP, processing time is ridiculous less than ONE millisecond, 96Khz sampling rate and only 64 samples buffer neither glitches nor stuttering, good job ESI Audio:clap:

Edit graphic level bar(s) works opening the app in 32bit mode

Hi ppcnostalgic

I just got one of these cards and it working well in sierra. Could you please tell me what the software is that you are using to measure latency?

Many thanks

Rhys

Hi ppcnostalgic

I just got one of these cards and it working well in sierra. Could you please tell me what the software is that you are using to measure latency?

Many thanks

Rhys
It's Guitar Rig5

Guys, i am having problems when trying to use a microphone that has no amp and uses a 3,5 mm jack with the 5 mm adapter, i plug it into the microphone input and nothing seems to be recorded, can you help me to configure that to work?
i want to use it for microphone recording on my sierra/high sierra beta machine, i am currently testing it on my yosemite socket 775 testbench machine

Yes dude. It works with Mojave 10.14.1 as well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back