Contribute
Register

PCI Express to Expresscard adapter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
X99P SLI > Need make and full model name > See Rules!
CPU
Xeon E5 > Need full CPU model name > See Forum Rules!
Graphics
GTX 970
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I'm running out of PCI Express slots on my motherboard, and can foresee needing connectivity for eSATA (since my flatmate wrecked the one built into my motherboard), USB 3.0 (since the current Multibeast kext hasn't ironed out all the issues for my built in Etron ports) and Firewire.

The last thing I want to do is be opening up my system every time I need to change ports, so thought about getting a PCI Express to Expresscard adapter slot which would allow me to just swap cards at the back The easiest one to get hold of in the UK looks like the Startech:

http://intrl.startech.com/Cards-Ada...e-PCI-Express-to-ExpressCard-Adapter~PEX2ECDP

The site doesn't list OS X as being supported, though I notice there's no driver required for it. I just wondered if anyone has any experience of how these work? Is the architecture of PCI Express and Expresscard similar enough that the card acts as a passthrough? I've seen a couple of similar cards only available in the USA that say they're Mac compatible, but they'd be much more difficult for me to get a hold of.

Hi,

I'm interested also in that pcie adapter. Did you tryied if it works?

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back