Contribute
Register

PCI-E USB 3.0 card with 100% native Mac OS X 10.9.3 Compatibility

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got the ORICO PFU3-2P and got the same nothing. Didn't work out of the box either. Maybe I have some other kext causing conflict or may its my box. I am trying to put it in a Hp Z600 workstation.

I got the ORICO PFU3-2P and got the same nothing. Didn't work out of the box either. Maybe I have some other kext causing conflict or may its my box. I am trying to put it in a Hp Z600 workstation.
The PFU3-4P uses the native Apple USB 3 driver and definitely works out of the box. I use the cards in multiple authentic Mac Pros and have two of the cards in my Hackintosh rig. Make sure you apply the USB 3 driver using MultiBeast.

You might also want to check your PCI-E config in BIOS. HP has a habit of doing some odd things with their configs.

Yeah the HP bios is very limited. I have gone through a couple times trying to see if there is anything that it could be in there and I don't think so. Also If I try and run multibeast again it fails.

So I did a fresh install, before running multibeast or anything the usb 3.0 card works, but for this HP box I have to install a modified IOUSBFamily.kext. If I don't install this then my keyboard and mouse are not recognized in the system. But installing this makes the USB 3.0 card not work. So maybe I need to find a newer modified version of IOUSBFamily.kext

For the sake of your own sanity, you might want to consider either selling off the HP box or changing parts out to build a new stable machine (such as changing the motherboard out for something better).

The last HP I had some years ago (a disposable left over from a development project) was a total nightmare even in Windows due to the BIOS. It was literally the worst PC I ever owned. Looks like you might be getting a similar experience. Ultimately I salvaged the old HP Pavilion for parts, although not much was really reusable due to the shoddy parts they built it with (crappy power supply, non-standards compliant card reader, low end video card, etc etc).

Well I have thought about getting rid of it but I use it for Linux and it is a pretty powerful box. 2x Xeon 6 Core Processors and 32GB ram. Quadro FX 5800 I got a good deal on it I paid under $2k and HP use to sell this config for $6k. I figured out that I need a special IOUSBFamily.kext to use the USB 2.0 ports, so that my mouse and keyboard work. But if I leave the stock kext the PCI card works so I am using two boards I bought, the 2 port and 4 port. and just using the 2 port for mouse and keyboard. I did a speed test with Black Magic and it is not reading USB 3.0 speeds like on my other Hackintosh. I get almost 300MBs on that box this I can't break 100MBs.

That kind of headache result is typical for HP's mangled version of BIOS unfortunately.

Thanks a lot for the info.
I have ordererd an ORICO PFU3-4P to try it under Yosemite.
Il will post a report as soon as I get it (15-30 days from China).
Price : 17,11€

The PFU 3 was received yesterday with MAc drivers on the CD included.
No power cable in the box for the Molex connector but I managed it.
Unfortunatly the card is not recognized under Yosemite...

Some help ?

The card is working very well.

The problem was due to my PCI-E 1 which were inhibited. I put my GC into the PCI-E X4 slot which inhibit the 2 PCI-E 1
GC in now onto the X16 slot and PCI-E 1 work perfectly.
The drawback (which explain the problem) is the lack of the PCI-E 1 slot which is to close from the CG card and cant be used.
So the choice to make is between a WIFI card and an USB card...
Hope this be usefull

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back