Motherboard
Asus TUF Z390M-PRO Gaming (Wi-Fi)
CPU
i7-9700K
Graphics
RX 580
Hi there

First of all thanks a lot for taking the time to read through this post
I purchased the PCI-E Adapter ZYX-360CD and own a BCM943224PCIEBT2 from an old 2012 MacBook Air.
The BCM card fits in, but I can't attach the cables for the antenna, besides I am incapable of fitting this PCI-E Card into
my ASUS-TUF Gaming Z390 motherboard. I may just be too unexperienced to make it fit into my case (Corsair Air 240 m-ATX)

But the question I am asking you. Should the two cards be compatible with each other? Can i give it a try even without the antennas even being connected or do I need a different adapter?

My first attempt was adding the BCM card from my MacbookAir to a m.2 adapter card and you do not want to know what happened... the m.2 adapter almost got burned... turned off the computer straight away. Not sure if the m2. adapter was defect or i made a mistake inserting it (upside down? but it only fit one way). But that's a different story. Now I am obviously very careful what I add to my mainboard.

Thanks again for helping guys
Cheers
Dan

My Setup
Corsair Air 240
Asus TUF Gaming Z390
Asus radeon rx 580
Intel Core i7-9700K CPU

Last edited:
If guess there is a problem with a different pin layout for similar looking interfaces (pci-e / NGFF / to be honest I don't know exactly...), but not really compatible. You are propably lucky not to have grilled your mainboard...
I have a similar pci-e adapter and paired it with an BCM94360 CD. A BCM94331CD should work with it as well. It fits perfectly to the adapter (the airport card is a lot bigger than yours and you have to secure it with the small screws). It works with High Sierra out of the box.

https://wikidevi.com/wiki/Broadcom_BCM943224PCIEBT2

Thanks donkiel for getting back.. I guess I was lucky not to have ruined my board. In the meantime I went ahead and got the same PCIe adapter card as you, couldn't really use the antenna with my broadcom chip (as too small and cables wouldn't stick to the chip), but took the antenna out of the macbook and it's working. However, I can't seem to get bluetooth working. Did that work for you?

Do you still use the same airport card? It wouldn't recommend to use it after the incident (something could be potential damaged). So maybe the bluetooth functionality...
Do you have the USB port cable attached to your mainboard? If yes, is the USB connector enabled in the bios/uefi? Try a different port on the mainboard. USB 2.0 is mandytory, USB 3 ports have a different layout. My point of view: Bluetooth issues are often related to USB problems. But: If the antennas are still not connected to the airport card, it could be a problem in it self.
Maybe you have somebody to give you a little technical support, a sort of hardware expert. I have concerns that you damage your Z390 mainboard (or you already did kill something, without noticeing) ...

At the end of the day, I would recommend to get a used BCM94360CD on eBay, I got one for 45€ out of the UK. If you are from the US, I would try this (Apple hardware is so much more affordable in the US, because there is more used stuff on the market compared to Germany). The antenna cables will fit 100% and it takes away a lot of doubt on the project.

A different approach would be to buy a Fenvi FV-T919 (or a similar product) which is the same as BCM94360CD plus adaptor, but already assembled.

If you are using a DualBoot System, it is a bit tricky to get the matching Windows 10 Drivers for the BCM94360CD, I got them from the Apple Boot Camp Support Software.

Cheers and good luck!! ;))

Last edited:
Thanks a lot for all your support! And you're absolutely right, I could use technical support. I am not really strong with hardware to say the least :)
Maybe you have somebody to give you a little technical support, a sort of hardware expert. I have concerns that you damage your Z390 mainboard (or you already did kill something, without noticeing) ...

Oh no don't say that :) As of now, i got wifi working with this card but will look into the BCM94360CD. I am UK based, did you get your card from ebay uk?

And yes, I've got a dual boot system.
Will now check where in my bios i enable the USB connector. FYI i tried both USB ports on the mainboard (and yes cable attached). I have another spare MacBookAir with the same airport card. I'll try this one to rule out the current one isn't damaged.

Thanks again for your help

I would be carefull with trying the same sort of wifi card. Especially when the cables don't really match. It's a sign that you are doing something with the hardware, which wasn't supposed to work in the first place. I have the feeling, it's still a combination of adapter and wifi card, that doesn't really work together. I would go the safe route and try out a more descend wifi card. I don't know how long Apple will support the BCM94360CD, but I would have a go for that solution. There are a lot of super experienced hackintosh users, most of them suggest to go for approved hardware. I got my wifi card from this eBay seller.

Last edited:
...or try the fenvi pci e card. The best offer on ebay.co.uk is for £39. It takes 2 weeks to be delivered and you have to think about import-tax (in Germany any delivery from outside EU >20€, this topic is handeled quite strict over here...).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back