Going Bald said:
krischef18 said:
phazey said:
Hi,

To solve the PCI Begin hang, start with the flags: npci=0x2000

When booted you need to add the Multibeast Fix;
Devices & Bootloaders->Kexts & Enablers->Miscellaneous->IOPCIFamily Fix
I'll try to remember the DSMOS fix - perhaps PCIRootUID=1

Thanks guys, My system wasn't hanging I found that if I as patient my system would boot eventually 9 out of 10 times. However as the out - display of verbose mode (-v) stopped at pci configuration I couldn't see what was going on.

Your tips fixed that now I can see that the occasional failed boot is due to iousbfamily.kext does anyone have any tips for this?

Thanks in Advance
Use IOUSBFamily rollback in MultiBeast - your USB ports are probably not set up for the extra amps for charging mobile devices.

hi again tried that downloaded multi beast and installed the iousbfix now have no usb support having to post using vnc.

any idea how i restore usb functionality i.e. remove the multi beast fix?

Going Bald said:
krischef18 said:
phazey said:
Hi,

To solve the PCI Begin hang, start with the flags: npci=0x2000

When booted you need to add the Multibeast Fix;
Devices & Bootloaders->Kexts & Enablers->Miscellaneous->IOPCIFamily Fix
I'll try to remember the DSMOS fix - perhaps PCIRootUID=1

Thanks guys, My system wasn't hanging I found that if I as patient my system would boot eventually 9 out of 10 times. However as the out - display of verbose mode (-v) stopped at pci configuration I couldn't see what was going on.

Your tips fixed that now I can see that the occasional failed boot is due to iousbfamily.kext does anyone have any tips for this?

Sorry for the double post did not show up on my iPad

Thanks in Advance
Use IOUSBFamily rollback in MultiBeast - your USB ports are probably not set up for the extra amps for charging mobile devices.

Hi again no luck I downloaded multibeast and installed the fix rebooted now have no USB at all. Any idea how to remove the fix?

Sorry for the double post did not show on the iPad

Hi No Worries I re installed the original iousbfamily.kext to S/L/E and all usb came back to life. In my haste I also forgot the first step in I.T. trouble shooting. I removed all of my usb devices except those I can't live without i.e. keyboard mouse bluetooth dongle and now it appears to be working. I can only now assume my problem was a usb Webcam I used with snow leopard or a usb hard drive that I keep a backup install on in case of emergency. Will play around a little more.

Thanks for you help any way much appreciated.

Hi
i Swap My Graphics Gigabyte Gts 450 :banghead: to Sapphire HD 6870 it work perfect
:headbang:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back