CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
Radeon VII
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I used the Xmove+OSX Lion in separate partition to do a Lion upgrade from OSX 10.6.7. After running Xmove and copying files to the Installer partition I do a restart.

I get a kernel panic, keep going and select the Installer partition for reboot. All that happens is a light grey screen with the apple logo. Selecting -v shows the boot process stops at [ PCI Configuration begin ]. A screen shot is attached.

I can still boot into Snow Leopard.

Any suggestions would be welcome.

Attachments

• OSX Lion Install -Verbose.jpg
    OSX Lion Install -Verbose.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 963
Try the Command npci=0x2000 At the boot loader Worked for me!

Thanks - that solved the problem and Lion is installed.

I have two issues left:

1. No sound output device. I have used Multibeast 3.8.0 to install the 889 Kext but it does not show up in system preferences.

2. I am using a ASUS GTX560Ti video card and cannot get it to work other then 1024x768. I have tried some of the guides on the website but this is not working for me.

Any suggestions?

Regards

WOW!! I was having exactly the same problem: It stuck at the splash screen of the Lion "Installer". I had hard day figuring it out :banghead: and searched a lot for a solution.

@IAN78 - That "npci=0x2000" command worked like a charm :clap: bravo, BRAVO!

Now, let's try to save my marriage... :think:

malikms said:
Thanks - that solved the problem and Lion is installed.

I have two issues left:

1. No sound output device. I have used Multibeast 3.8.0 to install the 889 Kext but it does not show up in system preferences.

2. I am using a ASUS GTX560Ti video card and cannot get it to work other then 1024x768. I have tried some of the guides on the website but this is not working for me.

Any suggestions?

Regards

sometimes the driver from MB work and sometimes it doesnt
try any of those ,search ALC889
http://www.kexts.com/downloads/search.html#result

for the GTx ,try to add graphicsenabler=yes/no in the boot.plist and see if it works ,also try this
http://www.kexts.com/view/1567-gtx_560_ ... .7_gm.html

I had a running Lion install but after a hard shutdown i get e "PCI Configuration Begin" message. I tried the npci commando but still nothing happens, any sugestions anyone?.

IAN78 said:
Try the Command npci=0x2000 At the boot loader Worked for me!

That tiny bit of information has made my day!! Worked a charm!!

Many thanks!!

WHere exactly are you adding this? and how?

I have the same issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back