Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus Prime X299-Deluxe
CPU
i9-7900X
Graphics
Radeon VII
I just completed my first build and so far am fairly successful with it. I noticed that no PCI cards are showing under Hardware/PCI Cards in the About this Mac/System Report window. However I have multiple PCIe cards installed that are working:

GTX Titan (works and does show under Graphics/Displays as I think it's supposed to)
Red Rocket (works, doesn't show on this computer, but does on my Macbook Pro retina when in a Thunderbolt enclosure)
TP-Link Wifi card (works, but only shows WiFi info under Network/Locations in System Information)
Starteck PEX1394B3 Firewire card (works, only shows Maximum speed info under Hardware/Firewire)
Blackmagic Design Decklink HD Extreme 3D+ via Thunderbolt enclosure (works, but doesn't show in System Information under Thunderbolt)

Atto H680 doesn't work. Under Serial-ATA it's listed as "Unknown AHCI Standard Controller" with unknown vendor, and 6Gb link speed. No drives connected to it will mount. When I connected the SAS-eSATA cable to the card the computer froze and the screen went black. I restarted and everything runs, but it's still not recognized.

I also am not seeing anything at all under Thunderbolt. It says "Thunderbolt: No hardware was found". On my Macbook Pro Retina it shows information for the TB ports there.

I tried the 3rd party SAS and eSATA options in Multibeast, but that didn't work so I removed those kexts.

Any thoughts to what could be causing this. My build information is below:

Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UP5 TH
Intel i7-3770K
G.Skill F3-2400C10Q-32GTX 32GB RAM (8GB x 4) these are listed on Gigabyte's compatible memory list (removed the fin from stick closest to CPU because the CPU cooler was hitting it).
Corsair AX1200 PSU
EVGA GTX Titan SC
Starteck PEX1394B3 card (2 x FW800, 1x FW400)
TP-Link TL-WDN4800 N900 WiFi card
EVGA GTX Titan SC
Red Rocket card
Atto H680 SAS HBA card
Blackmagic Design Decklink HD Extreme 3D+
Silverstone FP56 internal USB3 memory card reader
Syba SY-MRA55005 slim optical bay & 2.5" SATA bay
slim Blu-ray player I bought from OWC (not functional until I get a power cable for it)
Samsung 840 Pro 500GB SSD MZ-7TD500BW
Noctua NHD14 CPU cooler (fans connected to CPU fan connector on motherboard)
Cooler Master HAF XM (I added 2 200mm and 2 120mm fans to the case, and all fans power directly by the PSU)

System ID is set to MacPro5,1

What method did you use to get this far with your Titan rig?

i'm switching from ati 6870 w/3 monitors to evga Titan and kernel panicking and freezing at launch screen.

I may have to start from scratch. Need the Titan for AE/DaVinci, etc.

Thunderbolt not showing up in the System Profile is a known issue with this mobo. Check some of the other posts for builds based on this board...ESP golden builds like Storks.

Ok thanks I'll check it out. What about PCI cards? Same thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back