Contribute
Register

PC stuck on Mojave Install. Please help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390M Gaming
CPU
i5-9600K
Graphics
RX 560
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. Performa
  2. Power Mac
  3. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS

Attachments

• IMG_E0245.JPG
    IMG_E0245.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 174
Hi Everyone,

My computer gets stuck while trying to install Mojave 10.14.3
I attached a photo of where it gets stuck.
Please let me know if you need more info.

My system specs are:

ASRock Z390M Pro4
Intel Core i5-9600K
SAMSUNG 970 PRO M.2 2280 512GB
G.SKILL Aegis 32GB (2 x 16GB)
ASRock Phantom Gaming Radeon RX 560

I took out my wifi, firewire card and disconnected a sata SSD and optical drive.

Thank you for your help!

I am a newbie to the Hackintosh and spent literally weeks on my build with a ASRock Z390 Taichi before I finally realised the BIOS version was the main culprit. Had I not been a novice, other issues I encountered on the journey would have been quickly dismissed/overcome. I had read elsewhere that there were successful Asrock Z390 builds with Bios versions 1.3 and 1.6 however I am now speculating these build were migrations from an existing install and not an install from scratch with Mojave.

My board was shipped with Version 1.3. After not being able to proceed from the point you are currently stuck at, I upgraded to the latest version (ver 1.9) and when that did not work I downgraded to 1.6, then a new install of 1.3 and finally down graded the bios to version 1.2 where I was finally successful. This was not a fluke, I then did multiple installations with all bios using multiple different HDDs and SSDs and multiple different Glover configurations built using the generic installs as well as the install techniques from user successful installs on similar platforms.

Once you get past this point you will eventually hit the problem where the install appears to get stuck at the 2 mins to go part of the installation. This is because the install is not able to reset the PC and you need to reset the PC manually. This will happen once more before this part of the installation is complete.

My system is now running Mojave and appears to be very stable. One thing that I have not been successful with is the build of a system with a Crucial MX500 M.2 SSD module. In this case I suspect the culprit is the version 1.2 BIOS but seeing as the subsequent versions of BIOS are too suspect, I have used a Sandisk SSD PLUS 1000G drive as my Mojave OS drive.

Last edited:
Here's where I'm stuck at now.

Took out my M.2 SSD and I'm just using a SATA SDD.
BIOS version 1.6
I'm going to update the motherboard BIOS to 1.8 and see what happens.

Attachments

• IMG_0283.JPG
    IMG_0283.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 70
Update:

I get to the 15 min remaining part when the motherboard is at BIOS 1.30.
Then this happens and then it reboots.
Looks like it's a CPU PANIC?

Does anyone know what to do next?

Attachments

• IMG_0535.JPG
    IMG_0535.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 66
Update:

I get to the 15 min remaining part when the motherboard is at BIOS 1.30.
Then this happens and then it reboots.
Looks like it's a CPU PANIC?

Does anyone know what to do next?

• I have been watching your solo struggle to install Mojave on your AsRoc Z390M +i59600K with AMD Radeon Rx 560 Graphics .
  • AsRock is a MoBo I have never tried and hence did not want to jump in to give a hand.

• Since you have made several BIOS flashes upward and downward , I would suggest directing your attention first to what BIOS options you have chosen for the current boot.

• Then I will also suggest taking a closer look at your ENTIRE EFI Folder_FileTree including config.plist SECTIONS .

• If that sounds OK to you, please upload screen shots from your BIOS and upload CLOVER from USB Installer as a zipped file.

• Your macOSMojave USB Installer's EFI Partition created in FAT32 has a lot of free space over and above your EFI-CLOVER _FileTree.

• You can save all the BIOS Screen capture images in that Automatically in BMP Format using F12 key while in BIOS.

• You can then Connect that USB Installer disk to Mac or working Hackintosh to unhide its hidden EFI Partition to open and view the Saved BIOS screens in BMP using Preview and save it back on Desktop through File >Export with a Proper File Name instead of series of numbers for the File name and Format changed to PNG/JPG for uploading to this Forum

From the mounted EFI Partition of USB Installer you can also scroll through EFI>EFI and Compress that EFI to upload to this Forum compressed as a Zipped file.

The steps to take BIOS Image:
Once, you’re on UEFI screen.
Go to the page where you want to take a screenshot.
Press F12
when you’re ready.
If successful, you’ll get a confirmation like this:

Asrock UEFI BIOS Setup Utility

Screen Snapshot Succeed. Image File is Saved in [USB Brand and Model] : [File Name]
I
f it fails, you’ll get an error: “Cannot detect USB Storage device”

What you can do is to switch USB port until it recognizes the USB. If all else fails, try to use another USB storage device if possible.

The system will automatically save the photos in the root folder of the USB storage.
The default file format is BMP.

To Mount EFI you may use the bulleted steps: #4

Thank you for your help.

Here are the BIOS screenshots.
I'm trying to figure out how to upload CLOVER from USB Installer as a zipped file.

Attachments

• Adv ACPI Config.jpeg
    Adv ACPI Config.jpeg
    177 KB · Views: 64
  • Adv Chip Config.jpeg
    Adv Chip Config.jpeg
    295.1 KB · Views: 69
  • Adv CPU Config.jpeg
    Adv CPU Config.jpeg
    237.1 KB · Views: 67
  • Adv Storage Config.jpeg
    Adv Storage Config.jpeg
    189 KB · Views: 65
  • OC CPU Config.jpeg
    OC CPU Config.jpeg
    327.8 KB · Views: 61
  • Main.jpeg
    Main.jpeg
    179.2 KB · Views: 62
  • IO Config.jpeg
    IO Config.jpeg
    155.6 KB · Views: 61
  • Adv USB Config.jpeg
    Adv USB Config.jpeg
    200.2 KB · Views: 63
  • Trusted Comp.jpeg
    Trusted Comp.jpeg
    169.6 KB · Views: 61
Here's the CLOVER zip file.

Thank you again for your help!

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    2.9 MB · Views: 50
Thank you for your help.

Here are the BIOS screenshots.
I'm trying to figure out how to upload CLOVER from USB Installer as a zipped file.

Try enabling Above 4G Encoding to see if it helps.

Here's the CLOVER zip file.

Thank you again for your help!

Did you see my note that the ONLY version of Asrock BIOS I could successfully do a clean install from was version 1.2?

Ahh, I see the problem, there was no version 1.2 for your board.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back