Contribute
Register

PC Restarts after I put in SL Install disc after iBoot, Please Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey Guys,

I'm trying to hackintosh my Dell Dimension E520.

Specs:
Intel Core 2 Duo
Intel G965 Express Chipset
integrated Intel® Graphics Media
Accelerator X3000 (Intel® GMA X3000)
1 GB RAM

After I boot with iBoot and I swap the iBoot cd for the Snow Leopard Install disk, my computer restarts, I've tried loads of boot flags, with some tt will restart instantly, with others it will go in to verbose mode
and show me many texts then restart, never getting to the Apple screen to install.

Here's the images of when I boot flag with -x -v PCIRootUID=1 (or 0)

20131230_094656[1].jpg

And it just continues the reading, then restarts.

Any help would be very much appreciated.
Thanks

Hey Guys,

I'm trying to hackintosh my Dell Dimension E520.

Specs:
Intel Core 2 Duo
Intel G965 Express Chipset
integrated Intel® Graphics Media
Accelerator X3000 (Intel® GMA X3000)
1 GB RAM

After I boot with iBoot and I swap the iBoot cd for the Snow Leopard Install disk, my computer restarts, I've tried loads of boot flags, with some tt will restart instantly, with others it will go in to verbose mode
and show me many texts then restart, never getting to the Apple screen to install.

Here's the images of when I boot flag with -x -v PCIRootUID=1 (or 0)

View attachment 78236

And it just continues the reading, then restarts.

Any help would be very much appreciated.
Thanks

Your board is too old. You need at least ICH7 southbridge and you would need a gfx card as the inboard gfx is not supported. You might be able to install with iBoot Legacy, but no guarantees and it probably wouldn't be stable. Also, chances are audio and networking would be unsupported and not work.

Best to get new hardware.

Thanks for the info, but there are many others out there who were successful in hackintosh-ing their Dell Dimension E520

Thanks for the info, but there are many others out there who were successful in hackintosh-ing their Dell Dimension E520

Dackers

DO you have the option in the BIOS to set the Disk interface to either Enhanced IDE or AHCI which is needed to get the OSX installed.

If you do not then this too is a problem.

As to others that have done this.... well they may have done it w/o our Methods ...

You must also understand that your hardware is old and newer hardware has replaced it and the installer methods have moved onto newer hardware and may not support it ( your old hardware) any more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back