Intel Core i5-4430
GA-Z87-HD3
16GB 1600Mhz DDR3
SATA 6Gb/s 240GB SSD
TP-Link PCI Express Wifi Adapter
Apple Keyboard
USB Mouse
24" TFT

I am unable to use the Haswell iBoot disc - it comes back with the message "Reboot and Select proper Boot device or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and press a key" - every time.

I am therefore using an older iBoot disc from a previously successful Hackintosh build, which is working: iBoot boot v5.0.132 Chimera version 1.9.1 r1394

I have a retail copy of Snow Leopard 10.6.3.

I can successfully mount the OSX install disc by using the older copy of iBoot that I have.

When I attempt to run the OSX install disc normally it flashes up with the Apple logo on a grey background and the computer simply reboots (I presume this is some sort of "panic"?)

If I attempt to run the OSX install disc in safe and verbose mode I get several screens of text with successful "read" messages and then the computer eventually reboots - unfortunately too fast for me to read where it gets up to.

Having read numerous forum threads today, I also have tried altering some of the configuration in the BIOS too, specifically changed to:

Init Display First: IGFX
XHCI Mode: Auto
Intel Rapid Start Technology: Disabled
Intel Virtualization Technology: Disabled
Onboard LAN controller: Disabled

If anyone can help I would be most grateful!

Luke.

Hello! :)

I have the following hardware configuration, from the October Buyer's Guide:

Intel Core i5-4430
GA-Z87-HD3
16GB 1600Mhz DDR3
SATA 6Gb/s 240GB SSD
TP-Link PCI Express Wifi Adapter
Apple Keyboard
USB Mouse
24" TFT

I am unable to use the Haswell iBoot disc - it comes back with the message "Reboot and Select proper Boot device or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and press a key" - every time.

I am therefore using an older iBoot disc from a previously successful Hackintosh build, which is working: iBoot boot v5.0.132 Chimera version 1.9.1 r1394

I have a retail copy of Snow Leopard 10.6.3.

I can successfully mount the OSX install disc by using the older copy of iBoot that I have.

When I attempt to run the OSX install disc normally it flashes up with the Apple logo on a grey background and the computer simply reboots (I presume this is some sort of "panic"?)

If I attempt to run the OSX install disc in safe and verbose mode I get several screens of text with successful "read" messages and then the computer eventually reboots - unfortunately too fast for me to read where it gets up to.

Having read numerous forum threads today, I also have tried altering some of the configuration in the BIOS too, specifically changed to:

Init Display First: IGFX
XHCI Mode: Auto
Intel Rapid Start Technology: Disabled
Intel Virtualization Technology: Disabled
Onboard LAN controller: Disabled

If anyone can help I would be most grateful!

Luke.

lukekeast1

You need to make the Haswel iBoot CD - the chimera loader is revised and older versions of the iBoot will not work.

I would suggest you make two CD's again - one w the IVY BRIDGE iBOOT CD and the other with the HASWELL iBOOT CD.

These downloads are compressed ( zip file) and expand to show an ISO file - use a program like Imgburn - to make the two CD's Use only CD not DVD material.
http://www.imgburn.com/

Best done on a Windows computer to make these.

You will also need to use some special switches for Haswell in the startup -
http://www.tonymacx86.com/378-new-intel-hd-graphics-boot-flags-chimera.html

remove all non essential hardware - wifi any video etc when doing this part of the install.

Again this is unknown as to having Snow Leo to be installed on this hardware!!!
Its supposed to be able to do this but I have not tested this at this time.

Thank you SO much for your help - it really is much appreciated.

I managed to run the installer successfully now - so thank you.

In the end it turned out that the Haswell disc I had burned from Apple's Disk "mount" application wasn't working, but when I burned it from Apple's Disk "Utility" Application it did work - even though the discs looked exactly the same when mounted...

Weird - but it worked!

So thank you once again.

:)

Thank you SO much for your help - it really is much appreciated.

I managed to run the installer successfully now - so thank you.

In the end it turned out that the Haswell disc I had burned from Apple's Disk "mount" application wasn't working, but when I burned it from Apple's Disk "Utility" Application it did work - even though the discs looked exactly the same when mounted...

Weird - but it worked!

So thank you once again.

:)

likebeast

Yeah One should use the Apple Disk Utility Application for doing ISO's but I prefer that old bloatware know as WinBlows....

One diff is that one application mounts it - and the other burns it - something is missing when you do the Mount methods whereas the Burn methods create the bootable ISO that you need.

Glad its working for you ... and you solved the dilemma.

Ahhh - that makes sense! :)

Just one more question.. The point you made about the integrated graphics causing an issue.. well it has - I am using Chimera 2.2 and I have put in both "GraphicsEnabler=No" and "IGPEnabler=Yes", but I still only seem to have very basic graphics and I am limited to 1024x768 resolution...

I am connecting a BenQ TFT via D-Sub.

In System Profiler, it says:

Chipset Model: Intel HD Graphics 4600
Type: GPU
Bus: Built-In
VRAM (Total): 64 MB of Shared System Memory
Vendor: Intel (0x8086)
Device ID: 0x0412
Revision ID: 0x0006
Kernel Extension Info: No Kext Loaded
Displays:
Display:
Resolution: 1024 x 768
Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)
Main Display: Yes
Mirror: Off
Online: Yes

Am I missing something..?

Should there be a Kext file for HD 4600 to work properly?

Thanks again in advance!

Ahhh - that makes sense! :)

Just one more question.. The point you made about the integrated graphics causing an issue.. well it has - I am using Chimera 2.2 and I have put in both "GraphicsEnabler=No" and "IGPEnabler=Yes", but I still only seem to have very basic graphics and I am limited to 1024x768 resolution...

I am connecting a BenQ TFT via D-Sub.

In System Profiler, it says:

Chipset Model: Intel HD Graphics 4600
Type: GPU
Bus: Built-In
VRAM (Total): 64 MB of Shared System Memory
Vendor: Intel (0x8086)
Device ID: 0x0412
Revision ID: 0x0006
Kernel Extension Info: No Kext Loaded
Displays:
Display:
Resolution: 1024 x 768
Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)
Main Display: Yes
Mirror: Off
Online: Yes

Am I missing something..?

Should there be a Kext file for HD 4600 to work properly?

Thanks again in advance!

luke

The only item I know about is that in the new Chimera 2.2 we have new switches
Read this link -
http://www.tonymacx86.com/377-chimera-2-2-update.html

And see if any info in that helps also this is the Snow Leo Forum not the Mavericks Forum you should post your questions accordingly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back