Nvidia GTX 970 Windforce
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey Guys,

after updating my Pc from 10.9.3 to 10.9.4 with Multibeast 6.4 , my Pc sometimes freezes randomly.
The update went well ( no panic or other issues ) and I reinstalled the Audio Driver ALC 892 sucessfully.

My Pc Build so far :

- Intel Core i5 4670K
-24 gb ram ( 2 x corsair 4Gb 1666mhz , 2 x Samsung 8 Gb 1333Mhz, in OS X it is shown as internal 24 GB with 1333Mhz)
- Motherboard : GA-Z87M-D3H
- 256 Gb SSD Samsung 840 Basic
- Nvidia Gtx 760

I have not tested to remove the 1333Mhz Ram, but in 10.9.3 I had no issues with that.

Do you have any suggestions why I have those freezes? Thank you in advance!

Hey Guys,

after updating my Pc from 10.9.3 to 10.9.4 with Multibeast 6.4 , my Pc sometimes freezes randomly.
The update went well ( no panic or other issues ) and I reinstalled the Audio Driver ALC 892 sucessfully.

My Pc Build so far :

- Intel Core i5 4670K
-24 gb ram ( 2 x corsair 4Gb 1666mhz , 2 x Samsung 8 Gb 1333Mhz, in OS X it is shown as internal 24 GB with 1333Mhz)
- Motherboard : GA-Z87M-D3H
- 256 Gb SSD Samsung 840 Basic
- Nvidia Gtx 760

I have not tested to remove the 1333Mhz Ram, but in 10.9.3 I had no issues with that.

Do you have any suggestions why I have those freezes? Thank you in advance!

My chipset is the same as yours and at first, I had freezing problems, the internet forums are awash with some people experiencing freezing on the Z87 platform. What I found cured my problem or what was causing my freezing problem was my Wireless Mouse and Keyboard. In desperation after trying different things, I connected an old run-of- the-mill wired keyboard and mouse and to date I haven't had any further freezing problems. I bought a high end wired gaming keyboard and mouse and thats what I'm using today - no further freezes. At this point, I would suggest setting the correct memory profile in the BIOS (XMP Profile1).
Every Hack machine is different even with the same components so what workes for me won't necessary work for you but its worth a shot. Good luck.

My freezing stopped after I manually entered the voltage for the ram 1.64v. Still testing though.

z87m-d3h 4770 16gb ddr3 1333 hd5760.

Thank you for your help so far ! :)

I am using the original Apple Keyboard and a DarkGlider Mouse, I will test if I get any freezes after removing them.
About the Ram, I will remove the Samsung Ram anyway because it was borrowed, afterwards I'll set the profile and check the Ram Voltage. Thank you so much for the quick reply!

I will report if I could solve the problem in the evening.

Cheers! :)

I removed the 1333 Mhz Ram, the Profile was already set right and i used the voltage . Works fine so far, thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back