Contribute
Register

PBR with boot1h works, but boot1f32 doesn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z68X-UD5-B3 F10
CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
GT 710
Hello!
Motherboard Z68X with BIOS (Legacy).
When I install the Clover bootloader on a GPT hard drive where macOS Sierra is installed, the CloverEFI folder is created (while the EFI partition of the 200 MB hard drive in HFS+ remains untouched). I used the boot0af settings for MBR, and for PBR I separately copied the boot1h file from the bootable flash drive through the terminal (although the Clover manual advised boot1h2) and indicated the sector size bs=4096. The system boots without a flash drive from the hard drive, but the Clover Boot Manager cannot be hidden and you have to manually select the Macintosh HD partition to start, because it is not automatically selected as the active partition, apparently.
When I try to install CloverEFI on an ESP partition that is formatted in FAT32, for MBR I use boot0af, and for PBR I copy boot1fs32, but the GPT hard drive for running macOS is not shown in the Clover Boot Manager. The method with EFI in FAT32, as far as I understand, is preferable, but as I understand it, in my case I still have to use a separate flash drive for EFI, or can the problem be solved?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back