Asus Vivobook x202E
CPU
i5-3217U Intel HM76 Series chipset
Graphics
HD 4000 1366x768 resolution
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Rehabman,

I had an HP Prebook 4530s on which I reinstalled Yosemite using Clover (3261). I used PBI 6.4.4. It came up with "Installation unsuccessful"

I also tried 6.4.3.

I then upgraded to El Capitan by just using the El Capitan download. The upgrade went fine. I can boot into El Capitan from my Clover USB stick.

However, I am not able to run PBI 6.4.4 to a successful conclusion. It always comes up with Installation "unsuccessful". I did make sure to get the ACPI files by hitting F4 at the beginning. I checked and they are there in ACPI Origin. This has never happened to me before...

While running PBI , I am not yet installing the Clover UEFI boot loader to hard disc. I wanted to do that after everything was running.

Anything obvious that I have to watch out for?

Srini

Rehabman,

I had an HP Prebook 4530s on which I reinstalled Yosemite using Clover (3261). I used PBI 6.4.4. It came up with "Installation unsuccessful"

I also tried 6.4.3.

I then upgraded to El Capitan by just using the El Capitan download. The upgrade went fine. I can boot into El Capitan from my Clover USB stick.

However, I am not able to run PBI 6.4.4 to a successful conclusion. It always comes up with Installation "unsuccessful". I did make sure to get the ACPI files by hitting F4 at the beginning. I checked and they are there in ACPI Origin. This has never happened to me before...

While running PBI , I am not yet installing the Clover UEFI boot loader to hard disc. I wanted to do that after everything was running.

Anything obvious that I have to watch out for?

Srini

You have to select Clover UEFI in PBI CE. PBI CE can't run without Clover.

Rehab man,

Thanks. That was it!

One other thing.....The WiFi is on via airport. I have the required 5B195. However, the card is not detecting my WiFi network? Again, unique to this laptop. I have not tried another WiFi card yet. Will need to buy one.

Anything else that you can think of ?

Srini

Rehab man,

Thanks. That was it!

One other thing.....The WiFi is on via airport. I have the required 5B195. However, the card is not detecting my WiFi network? Again, unique to this laptop. I have not tried another WiFi card yet. Will need to buy one.

Anything else that you can think of ?

Srini

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

Mobo: manufacturer/model + bootloader(Clover/Chameleon/Chimera)
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
Mobo: HP ProBook 4540s (Clover)
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back