Contribute
Register

PaulB65's CustoMac Mini (GA-H87N-WIFI, i3-4330, 8Gb, 2Tb HD)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-H87N-WIFI
CPU
i3-4330
Graphics
Intel HD4600
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Despite the simplest of configurations, my Hackintosh installation is not going well...

I started out to install Snow Leopard, but failed after installing the OS X with a "Boot0" failure, apparently due to the 4K HD block size (even though the OS was installed in a 128Gb partition).

There are three modern Macs running OS X 10.9 in the house, so I dug out an 8Gb USB Thumb Drive followed the UniBeast instructions and ... failed with a "Reboot and Select proper Boot device" error when starting the machine with the thumb drive in any of the USB slots.
The PC boots from an iBoot CD and from a Ubuntu Live CD, so it is assembled correctly.

The UEFI / BIOS screen has many terms that are different from those mentioned in the Guides - for example I cannot find any option for a USB HDD in the Boot options ...

So, first - has anyone had the "Reboot and Select proper Boot device" error when trying to set up a CustoMac with UniBeast & Mavericks, and if so what was the solution ?

And does anyone have a guide to Gigabyte's UEFI/BIOS version F4 - especially with a glossary of the terms employed ?

Thanks in advance !!

Set your BIOS to optimised defaults. Disable Vt-d. Set Init Display First to IGFX. Press F10 Save and Exit.
Once rebooting press the hot Key which is F12 on Gigabyte motherboard with your UniBeast drive plugged in. This will display your bootable drives where one should be your UniBeast drive.

Success !!

Thank you WildWillow for pointing out the obvious (BIOS F12 Boot menu is different to the F3 Setup menu ...).

Everything else worked as per the detailed procedure and the MultiBeast configuration listed elsewhere in the forums for my (standard) config.

Only problem was the Boot0 error that was solved immediately by following the 1st solution to dismount the Boot Drive from Disk Utility and run the dd command in the Terminal.

Runs great.

Thanks to everyone for their contributions to these forums.

Cheers

Where is VT-d to disable in BIOS? I just don't see it, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back