Contribute
Register

Patched native 10.7.5 kexts for 4x30S

Status
Not open for further replies.
What lines? Or maybe you can share the kext?

The "patch" has always been to remove these two lines in the IO80211Family.kext/Contents/Info.plist:

Code:
	<key>OSBundleRequired</key>
	<string>Network-Root</string>

But for some reason, at least with 10.8.2, it is not necessary...

Thanks BigDonkey! Installed the 10.7.5 kexts using kextwizard then ran the cache cleaning part and all work fine. I noticed occasional lines in videos though... hasn' happened in a while.

The "patch" has always been to remove these two lines in the IO80211Family.kext/Contents/Info.plist:

Code:
    <key>OSBundleRequired</key>
    <string>Network-Root</string>

But for some reason, at least with 10.8.2, it is not necessary...

Hm, if this is the only modification, maybe it's pointless to include the whole kext in the installer, command like this:

Code:
sudo /usr/libexec/PlistBuddy -c "Delete :OSBundleRequired" /System/Library/Extensions/IO80211Family.kext/Contents/Info.plist

should do the "patching" as well.

DUDE!!!! This totally fixed two things for me!!

1, I accidentally updated to 10.7.5 from 10.7.4 and it locked up my login screen for about two minutes before I could click anything.

2, During my 10.7.4 days, my MOTU firewire device always pinwheeled (the volume icon) for 2-3 minutes before it finally came on after I logged in. Most of the time I'd turn on my computer and just go get coffee.

Now I turn it on and it's booted within seconds ready to go!

Thank you thank you thank you!!!

I can confirm that this 10.7.5 patch working on my 10.8.3
I have replaced original AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext with this from archive and VGA working finally :)
4530s (i3 + HD3000 with DSDT)
Thx man

I can confirm that this 10.7.5 patch working on my 10.8.3
I have replaced original AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext with this from archive and VGA working finally :)
4530s (i3 + HD3000 with DSDT)
Thx man

Why are you using kexts intended for 10.7.5 on 10.8.3 when patched kexts specific to 10.8.3 already exist?

Why are you using kexts intended for 10.7.5 on 10.8.3 when patched kexts specific to 10.8.3 already exist?

have time for testing :) and was a little curious will it work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back