HD 630
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
  2. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
ASUS Sandy Bridge users, or anyone who has a stock BIOS on locked MSR UEFI motherboards (MSI, Foxconn, ASRock, Sandy Bridge Laptops). Today we decided to replace SpeedStepper in MultiBeast with pre-patched version-specific AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement kexts. We've included patched kexts for 10.7.2, 10.7.3 and 10.7.4! :)

All you have to do is boot using UniBeast (which uses NullCPUPoweManagement) and install the version for your OS. For example, on a fresh installation, here are minimal MultiBeast settings for my ASUS P8P67 Pro BIOS version 3207 (stock) with a Core i5-2500K.

1074asusmb.png

I set BIOS to Optimized Defaults. Boots with no DSDT, or patched DSDT. Sleep/wake is working. Only needs the Core i5 SSDT for SpeedStep.

Further Reading:
To eliminate the need for kext patching entirely, alternately you may consider installing a patched BIOS.

ASUS Patched BIOS Repository
viewtopic.php?t=49340

MSI, Asrock and Foxconn 1155 Patched Bios Thread
viewtopic.php?p=336977

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks! tonymacx86 :lol:

I'll be sure to give this a shot once I leave work. NullPower was giving me issues with the SSDT solution, and all of the other Patched AICPUPM's, and Patchers gave me a KP on restart. I hope this works.

Thanks again.

-mrengles

UPDATE 1: This release of MultiBeast solved my 10.7.4 patched AICPUPM.kext Kernel Panics without the need for NullCPUPM.kext. I still have some testing to perform but at first glance i'm finally hitting the turbo frequencies.

UPDATE 2: Available Multiplier: 16 36 37 38 39
64-bit Geekbench Score: 13423

Thanks again tonymacx86 & MacMan

Tony if we overclock our i5/i7 we have to check i5/i7 overclocked?
if we dont do this system will not recognize our cpu like overclocked?

Great Job Tony . You're The Man ;)

I just wanted to Ask Will this work with laptops too , you said you were able to sleep/wake without patched DSDT , cuz DSDT for laptops is a Headache !!

This is awesome. I finally see all P-States showing now which I've never seen before.

Ironically, I once had sleep working but not speedstep, now it's the other way round. Also need to fix my audio as 10.7.4 broke it.

it can not work for my HM65!!!!!!!!!!

mingles said:
Thanks! tonymacx86 :lol:

I'll be sure to give this a shot once I leave work. NullPower was giving me issues with the SSDT solution, and all of the other Patched AICPUPM's, and Patchers gave me a KP on restart. I hope this works.

Thanks again.

-mrengles

UPDATE 1: This release of MultiBeast solved my 10.7.4 patched AICPUPM.kext Kernel Panics without the need for NullCPUPM.kext. I still have some testing to perform but at first glance i'm finally hitting the turbo frequencies.

UPDATE 2: Available Multiplier: 16 36 37 38 39
64-bit Geekbench Score: 13423

Thanks again tonymacx86 & MacMan
mrengles, what app are you using to verify multipliers? I'm running basically the same box you are and the best Geekbench Score I can get is 12484, though this is turning out to be a Sweet Hack. Thanks-

kduvernay said:
mrengles, what app are you using to verify multipliers? I'm running basically the same box you are and the best Geekbench Score I can get is 12484, though this is turning out to be a Sweet Hack. Thanks!

MSRDumper.kext & Console.app

I think i'm coming up with the extra Geekbench points because of the 2GB XFX Radeon HD 6870 GPU.

Yes, I'm very happy with this rig. The board is perfect except wake from sleep. I would recommend this MB to anyone even though the Forum does not officially support the Z77 chipset.

It is not working for me...now it seems my hack is stuck at the highest multiplier x42 all the time. also the cpu is slightly warmer

im using a i7 2600k with a turbo set to x45...

i´m really frustrated because the hack is showing just one multiplier and i´m not shure if it is safe

geekbench scores are normal like in 10.7.3 around 14000

maybe someone has an idea and can help
thx

Hello Guys this is my First post in here and It has been a fun expirience making this mackintosh to work, I have a ASUS P8Z68-V Pro Gen3 with an i7 2600k OC @ 4.2 as per multibeast that would be the highest OC we can go without modifying SDDT, I ran the Patched ApleIntelCPUPowerManagment with OSX 10.7.4 which I have installed and the SDDT for the i7 Overclocked, and installed the HWMonitor but speedstepper doesn't work it always stays at multiplier X34 it doesn't go up and down to 16X.

Any help and suggestion would be great thank you Community

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back