Contribute
Register

Patched AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext for 10.8

Status
Not open for further replies.
BTW, Koala, I removed the "null" kext (kp seems to happen only if I choose sleep and then the screen goes black and the computer reboots suddenly and everything crashes (no usual KP screen). Windows (VM) comes up (I have Fusion on auto start after OSX) and says it wasn't shut down properly. I put the "null" kext back, but I still get the same behavior if it choose sleep. The higher geekbench scores were just measured.
Try the Patched version in Multibeast 4.6.1 rather than the one posted here.

What am I supposed to see? I know I need a patch CPM, and there isn't a modified Bios for me? Or are you saying it's impossible? I flashed my bios the the latest from ASUS today if that helps answer my question.

What am I supposed to see? I know I need a patch CPM, and there isn't a modified Bios for me? Or are you saying it's impossible? I flashed my bios the the latest from ASUS today if that helps answer my question.
Read the thread! There's guys over there with your board that claim to everything working including sleep...

OK! :lol: Well it linked to page 14, so I didn't know if there was something specifically on that thread. Lol

Read the thread! There's guys over there with your board that claim to everything working including sleep...

Yeah, he says with 10.7.4. I had sleep etc with 10.7.4 as well, just not 10.8 yet.

Yeah, he says with 10.7.4. I had sleep etc with 10.7.4 as well, just not 10.8 yet.
So what changed? The patch power management in Multibeast 4.6.1 for Lion 10.7.4 works fine in ML?

So what changed? The patch power management in Multibeast 4.6.1 for Lion 10.7.4 works fine in ML?

Just that it's not native. I have the same bios. Just doesn't work in 10.8 like it did in 10.7.4. I'll mess with the bios more later and see if anything changes. I did a reflash then just set SATA to AHCI nothing else was changed.

Running ASRock Z68M-ITX/HD with latest BIOS. Was ale to install ML but now hangs on NullCPUPowerManagement::start.

I would gladly try this but how can I delete the kext or replace it if I now have no access to the OS? I loaded with -x and it won't boot into terminal, just shows the same last line.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back