Contribute
Register

Patched AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext for 10.8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup it's needed for me. :lol:

Yup it's needed for me. :lol:
It worked for you? How many p-sataes did you end up with? How 'bout sleep? I install yesterday and ended up with a KP boot. Had to restore back to the patched 10.7.4

KPs here, too, unfortunately... any ideas?

KPs here, too, unfortunately... any ideas?
GoingBald has a similar build to yours and says this can't be done (auto-sleep) without a modded bios. Waiting for someone to prove him wrong but don't believe that's going to happen!

EDIT: This guy says he's got it working with a P8Z77-V Pro, but his bios allows him to chose "legacy" in the boot menu. I'm thinking that why it's working for him.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...ntain-lion-asus-p8z77-v-pro-2.html#post392812

It worked for you? How many p-sataes did you end up with? How 'bout sleep? I install yesterday and ended up with a KP boot. Had to restore back to the patched 10.7.4

Oh no, "It's needed for me" means I need the patched version. Sorry about that.

Or atleast I think I need a patched CPM since I got a kp. Will installing the 10.7.4 work without Null?

Holy Cow! Sleep may not be working, but my Geekbench score has gone from 12,400 to the following:
MacPro3,1
Section Description Score Geekbench Score
Geekbench 2.3.4 Tryout for Mac OS X x86 (32-bit)
Integer Processor integer performance 12275 14738
Floating Point Processor floating point performance 22646
Memory Memory performance 8414
Stream Memory bandwidth performance 8331

Could this be because speed stepping is activated. I used to be able to count 2.5 rotations of the "spinning gears" on startup, now there are none because it starts up so quickly! I am puzzled and pleased. No sleep but speedier!

BTW, Koala, I removed the "null" kext (kp seems to happen only if I choose sleep and then the screen goes black and the computer reboots suddenly and everything crashes (no usual KP screen). Windows (VM) comes up (I have Fusion on auto start after OSX) and says it wasn't shut down properly. I put the "null" kext back, but I still get the same behavior if it choose sleep. The higher geekbench scores were just measured.

My kp happens during boot after deleting null without patched CPM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back