Contribute
Register

Patch AppleHDA kext on-the-fly with Clover bootloader

Status
Not open for further replies.
Updated the guide with piker_alpha method. Now we can have vanilla applehda.kext in s/l/e. Remove probookidt.kext and xml -> zml patch before using.
#

Ill have a question or two for you no doubt lol..

I read on pikes page it can be done with any patched kext, what others would we benefit from here?

Does the new method work for you?
It works for me.

Thanks a lot. Yes the new method is working (thanks to nguyenmac) but the previous method was not working. I tried everything like EC resetting, repairing permissions, disabling fast-boot and Hybrid UEFI but no luck. Now it's working as it should! :)

#

Ill have a question or two for you no doubt lol..

I read on pikes page it can be done with any patched kext, what others would we benefit from here?

One of our first inject kexts is ProbookARPT.kext. We had to deal with editing the Info.plist in IO80211Family.kext before, or injecting Wifi/Bluetooth card by DSDT. Now, ProbookARPT.kext replaces them all.

One of our first inject kexts is ProbookARPT.kext. We had to deal with editing the Info.plist in IO80211Family.kext before, or injecting Wifi/Bluetooth card by DSDT. Now, ProbookARPT.kext replaces them all.

ah ok, and now AppleHDA sorted too :)

no problems to report here, changed it to the new method, all working ok :)

Thank you!

Hello,

I have this working via a shutdown.rc.d script: https://ghostbin.com/paste/v6zqv

That is the source to my script. Its for the ALC892 with layoutID 1.

I have tested the clover auto patching method 10 times and I cannot get it to work :)

Can someone please assist?

I can talk via AIM/Gtalk/Skype/almost anything :)

Thanks

After removing DSDT.aml, installing new RAM, reapplying DSDT.aml and restarting, I find I have no audio again.

It appears as though appleHDAIDT.kext is not loaded, should it show as a loaded kext?

Ill try an EC reset before looking into it further, but welcome any suggestions to try in the mean time.

Thanks

(only other change I made to DSDT was enabling intelUSB3.0 which I never did before)

After removing DSDT.aml, installing new RAM, reapplying DSDT.aml and restarting, I find I have no audio again.

It appears as though appleHDAIDT.kext is not loaded, should it show as a loaded kext?

Ill try an EC reset before looking into it further, but welcome any suggestions to try in the mean time.

Thanks

(only other change I made to DSDT was enabling intelUSB3.0 which I never did before)

Check in ioreg to see that your layout-id is set appropriately.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back