Contribute
Register

Patch AppleHDA kext on-the-fly with Clover bootloader

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, I'll try these HDA related patches (IRQ, layout-id inject, did I forget anything else?)

Those are the only two required. See guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-laptop-support/152573-guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.html

Meanwhile, do you thing ioreg data when mic does not work and ioreg data when it is working might provide helpful info?[/quote]

Probably not. You can look at it and see if there are differences.

One more thing. Pin config for the problematic internal microphone in patched AppleHDA is the same as in the default codec config: 18-34-9, while for the external microphone, that works all the time, it differs from the original: 24-35-9 instead of 24-12-2 in the original codec layout. May be that might cause the problem?

Custom patching (instead of relying on the work of someone else) is always an option.

I made these 2 patches and applied them. There is no difference with clover dsdt patching. The problem still exists.

Custom patching (instead of relying on the work of someone else) is always an option.

I was wrong. The patched AppleHDA uses the same default pinconfig for both internal and external microphones as the original codec config does. I tried all the pinconfig combinations that seem reasonable for me. None does work. So this one is the only working combination.
One more thing. Your codec commander after a sleep makes internal mic working but at the same time it disables autodetect, so external microphone as well as headphones are unavailable after waking up. May be it's possible to find out which part of the codec commander code is resposible for microphone and use it in patched AppleHDA to start it at boot time? And also may be it's possible to find out what piece of code disables autodetect and change that piece of code?

I made these 2 patches and applied them. There is no difference with clover dsdt patching. The problem still exists.

Define "the problem".

I was wrong. The patched AppleHDA uses the same default pinconfig for both internal and external microphones as the original codec config does. I tried all the pinconfig combinations that seem reasonable for me. None does work. So this one is the only working combination.
One more thing. Your codec commander after a sleep makes internal mic working but at the same time it disables autodetect, so external microphone as well as headphones are unavailable after waking up. May be it's possible to find out which part of the codec commander code is resposible for microphone and use it in patched AppleHDA to start it at boot time? And also may be it's possible to find out what piece of code disables autodetect and change that piece of code?

You can use hda-verb to experiment with different node setups.

You will need to be familiar with the HDA spec.

Not all the CodecCommander profiles were created by me. I did the one to fix audio on my u430 (ALC283).

Define "the problem".

The problem is not working internal microphone.

You can use hda-verb to experiment with different node setups.

You will need to be familiar with the HDA spec.

Not all the CodecCommander profiles were created by me. I did the one to fix audio on my u430 (ALC283).

I'm not familiar with hda-verbs. I have alc269vc codec What command should I use for experiment?

The problem is not working internal microphone.

Problem is with your patched AppleHDA layout/platforms/HDAHardwareConfig verbs.

Not related to AppleHDA injector building.

I'm not familiar with hda-verbs. I have alc269vc codec What command should I use for experiment?

Advanced stuff,... you would need to read the Intel HDA spec and take a look at the various scripts in the CodecCommander repo.

Advanced stuff,... you would need to read the Intel HDA spec and take a look at the various scripts in the CodecCommander repo.
You bet, it's really advanced stuff. OK, slowly-slowly I'll get familiar with it :)

Problem is with your patched AppleHDA layout/platforms/HDAHardwareConfig verbs.

Not related to AppleHDA injector building.
OK, can you give me a hint what do you think might be a hardware reason of my problem? Wrong initializaion? Wrong register usage? Overflow? Anything else? Just to narrow the search field.

You bet, it's really advanced stuff. OK, slowly-slowly I'll get familiar with it :)

OK, can you give me a hint what do you think might be a hardware reason of my problem? Wrong initializaion? Wrong register usage? Overflow? Anything else? Just to narrow the search field.

Only by reading and understanding how to patch AppleHDA from a Linux codec dump can you resolve...

To Patch AppleHDA kext
I used it
Code:
[COLOR=#0433FF][FONT=Menlo]<dict>[/FONT][/COLOR]
[FONT=Menlo][COLOR=#0433ff]<key>[/COLOR]Comment[COLOR=#0433ff]</key>[/COLOR][/FONT]
[COLOR=#0433FF][FONT=Menlo]<string>[COLOR=#000000]IDT 76D9[/COLOR]</string>[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#0433FF][FONT=Menlo]<key>[COLOR=#000000]Find[/COLOR]</key>[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#0433FF][FONT=Menlo]<data>[/FONT][/COLOR]
[FONT=Menlo]hBnUEQ==[/FONT]
[COLOR=#0433FF][FONT=Menlo]</data>[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#0433FF][FONT=Menlo]<key>[COLOR=#000000]Name[/COLOR]</key>[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#0433FF][FONT=Menlo]<string>[COLOR=#000000]AppleHDA[/COLOR]</string>[/FONT][/COLOR]
[FONT=Menlo][COLOR=#0433ff]<key>[/COLOR]Replace[COLOR=#0433ff]</key>[/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]2XYdEQ==[/FONT]
[COLOR=#0433FF][FONT=Menlo]</dict>[/FONT][/COLOR]

in clover.

Patch AppleHDA kext
in Capitain stayed the same or changed? Codec IDT 76d9: 8419D411 -> D9761D11

To Patch AppleHDA kext
I used it
Code:
[COLOR=#0433FF][FONT=Menlo]<dict>[/FONT][/COLOR]
[FONT=Menlo][COLOR=#0433ff]<key>[/COLOR]Comment[COLOR=#0433ff]</key>[/COLOR][/FONT]
[COLOR=#0433FF][FONT=Menlo]<string>[COLOR=#000000]IDT 76D9[/COLOR]</string>[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#0433FF][FONT=Menlo]<key>[COLOR=#000000]Find[/COLOR]</key>[/FONT][/COLOR]
[FONT=Menlo]hBnUEQ==[/FONT]
[COLOR=#0433FF][FONT=Menlo]<key>[COLOR=#000000]Name[/COLOR]</key>[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#0433FF][FONT=Menlo]<string>[COLOR=#000000]AppleHDA[/COLOR]</string>[/FONT][/COLOR]
[FONT=Menlo][COLOR=#0433ff]<key>[/COLOR]Replace[COLOR=#0433ff]</key>[/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]2XYdEQ==[/FONT]
[COLOR=#0433FF][FONT=Menlo]</dict>[/FONT][/COLOR]

in clover.

Patch AppleHDA kext
in Capitain stayed the same or changed? Codec IDT 76d9: 8419D411 -> D9761D11

New patch required in 10.11:

8319d411 -> 00000000

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back