Register

Patch AppleHDA kext on-the-fly with Clover bootloader

Status
Not open for further replies.
enabled fast boot again.

restarted multiple times.

Audio is working still..

how strange?

Fast Boot skips some tests and devices. Maybe it has some strange conflict with Windows Legacy.

Fast Boot skips some tests and devices. Maybe it has some strange conflict with Windows Legacy.

I have to disable fast boot, as well as enabling CSM to boot windows legacy, with fast boot on, windows will not boot anyway.

something probably happened in the switching process that didn't clear after changing back or something (that makes no sense does it lol)

What I mean is, if switching the fast boot on/off didn't resolve it, Im betting an EC reset would of fixed the issue in this case.

Nah, you got it right, I overlooked that (it is interesting, my DP>HDMI worked fine).

Yeah, or maybe ask in some forum where some of the Clover developers hangout.

I tried your patch again and this time it works! Maybe last time I had problem with kext cache or patching wrong files then.

Btw, What is advantage of original patch compared to this find and replace patch?

I tried your patch again and this time it works! Maybe last time I had problem with kext cache or patching wrong files then.

Btw, What is advantage of original patch compared to this find and replace patch?
Mostly it is shorter and less likely for minor changes to break it, other then that nothing magical.

So what would be a better idea, to create 2 smaller patches for low and high resolution separate or make an universal big one? The one for low-res basically changes just one number, but you still need quite a long string to identify the right one.

Mostly it is shorter and less likely for minor changes to break it, other then that nothing magical.

So what would be a better idea, to create 2 smaller patches for low and high resolution separate or make an universal big one? The one for low-res basically changes just one number, but you still need quite a long string to identify the right one.

I think two smaller patches are easier to catch then big universal, but we can't be sure about future. Now your original patch is the best all-around.

I still can't know why Clover patch does not work. I tried other patches with same length, and they all work. I'm waiting for a debug version of Clover to check it.

Btw, I see the config data AppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver of patched kexts are different (longer) than it in PBI's patched AppleHDA, I tried both and they all work, no sound assertion. Can you explain what's different?

I think two smaller patches are easier to catch then big universal, but we can't be sure about future. Now your original patch is the best all-around.

I still can't know why Clover patch does not work. I tried other patches with same length, and they all work. I'm waiting for a debug version of Clover to check it.

Btw, I see the config data AppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver of patched kexts are different (longer) than it in PBI's patched AppleHDA, I tried both and they all work, no sound assertion. Can you explain what's different?
Weird stuff...

Can you paste the 2 AppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver strings here? What AppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver are u referring to, the one in my Dropbox, please paste the strings or send me links, so I don't go in the dark.

Weird stuff...

Can you paste the 2 AppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver strings here? What AppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver are u referring to, the one in my Dropbox, please paste the strings or send me links, so I don't go in the dark.

Here is the config in your AppleHDA http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-probook-mavericks/113991-rehabmans-probook-ivy-bridge-4540s-2.html#post693964
Code:
ALccEAC3HRAAtx4hALcfAADHHCAAxx0QAMceoQDHHwAA1xxQANcdAADXHhcA1x+QARccQAEXHQABFx6gARcfkA==
The one in PBI (it's same as Probook 4x0s IDT 76D9):
Code:
AMcegQDHHwMBFx6gARcfkA==

Thanks, it's working for me on 4x40s.

kuglee I'm having problem getting AppleHDA work on my 4540s, would you please upload your config.plist + AppleHDA.kext?

Updated the guide with piker_alpha method. Now we can have vanilla applehda.kext in s/l/e. Remove probookidt.kext and xml -> zml patch before using.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back