Contribute
Register

pastrychef's testing machine - HP Elite 8300 SFF - i7-3770 - GT 630

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have an i5-6400T in a DeskMini 110 build but I haven't had much time to mess with it... It's actually a pretty decent performer considering how little power it consumes. In situations were power consumption is important
I use an i3 hackintosh with just igpu for surfing the internet to cut down on power use and electric bills. Who needs 8 cores and an RX 590 for surfing the tmx86 forums all day ?

Thanks for the input @pastrychef
The "new build" I mention is for an 8300 I already have (and SSD etc) just not been used as I hadn't needed it yet.

@trs96 is very correct; I am not based in the US and pricing is very different (i.e. more expensive!). My main 8300 is still solid and with an SSD and RX560 performs better than my recent genuine MBP. So still mileage out of them for me! Also great (and ongoing) support here, which I haven't seen replicated in a similarly accessible / cheap model (where I am).

Hi guys,
I will need to reinstall my HP Elite 8300 SFF hackintosh making it dualboot with MacOS and Windows. So i have three quick questions.

1 - Is the initial guide on the first page up-to-date so I can follow it or there is something I will need to add to it?
2 - Can anyone point me out to a guide for multiboot set up from scratch?
3 - Does anybody know a FireWire card that will work with this setup for sure?

Thanks

Hi guys,
I will need to reinstall my HP Elite 8300 SFF hackintosh making it dualboot with MacOS and Windows. So i have three quick questions.

1 - Is the initial guide on the first page up-to-date so I can follow it or there is something I will need to add to it?
2 - Can anyone point me out to a guide for multiboot set up from scratch?
3 - Does anybody know a FireWire card that will work with this setup for sure?

Thanks

This guide is outdated and I no longer have this system. You are better off going to the following guide:

I will need to reinstall my HP Elite 8300 SFF hackintosh making it dualboot with MacOS and Windows.
Hopefully you know that you are limited to High Sierra if you want to use the GT 1030. So yes, you can follow my High Sierra guide and create a dual boot system with Windows 10. You should not use VoodooHDA as the video shows, instead use Apple ALC kext and Lilu kexts installed to Clover/kexts/other folder, to enable the audio. ALC221 now has full support from within AppleALC and works with the helper Lilu Kext installed. This is how you add the layout-id in your config.plist Devices/Properties:

Screen Shot.jpg

Before you do that it's important to read Going Bald's "MultiBooting UEFI on Separate Drives" guide and decide what install sequence you will use. I wouldn't suggest putting each OS on the same system drive but you can do that if you are prepared to deal with more potential complications and are meticulous about backing up your data.

Also required reading:

Last edited:
1. There is another 8300 thread with a different method which is a newer method. That said I have used this guide but lost track of tweaks etc.
2. I have not done any multiboot.
3. Sorry can't help.

Your GT1030 graphics may not be supported in latest MacOS?

Hi guys,

I'm stuck with the installing High Sierra for some reason.
I choose to do a clean install.
What I did:
- downloaded High Sierra installer
- downloaded UniBeast-8.4.0 and created a bootable USB flash drive to install from
- set up the BIOS:
Storage​
Storage Options​
SATA Emulation > AHCI​
Removable Media Boot > Enabled​
Security​
Secure Boot Configuration​
Legacy Support > Disabled​
Secure Boot > Disabled​
Fast Boot > Enabled​
System Security​
Virtualization Technology Directed I/O (VTd) > Disabled​
Network Boot > Disabled​
Advanced​
Onboard Devices
Serial Port A > Disabled​
Device Options
Turbo > Enabled
Integrated Video > Disabled
Multi-Processor > Enabled
Hyperthreading > Enabled​

- restarted the PC, booted from the UniBeast USB Flash Drive and then... the problems begin

I am experiencing 3 different scenarios.
The installation process stops randomly at 3 different stages.

1 - I am able to start the installation from UniBeast USB Flash Drive. Then I go to the Disc Utility and format the SSD. Then I choose to install on the newly formatted SSD and the process begins. Then it stops for some reason at this stage:

about_2_minutes_1080.jpg

2 - If the process continues after that then the PC restarts. I see the Clover bootloader, it recognizes the installer on the SSD and redirects to it. Than the installation process begins from the SSD but stops at this stage:

about_18_minutes.jpg

3 - If the installation continues after that then at some point the PC restarts and I see the Clover bootloader again. But now there is only one option - to start the installation from the USB. The installation process doesn't continue from the SSD.

Can anyone help me with this, please?
What am I doing wrong?

Thank you.

Attachments

• about_2_minutes_1080.jpg
    about_2_minutes_1080.jpg
    528 KB · Views: 50
  • about_18_minutes.jpg
    about_18_minutes.jpg
    977.1 KB · Views: 59
Can anyone help me with this, please?
What am I doing wrong?
This is normal, it's supposed to have the three auto reboots happen during the install. Why you can't see the hard drive in Clover could be due to a number of things. Do you have the HFSplus.efi or the VBoxHFS.efi driver in the correct folder on your USB installer ?

This is normal, it's supposed to have the three auto reboots happen during the install. Why you can't see the hard drive in Clover could be due to a number of things. Do you have the HFSplus.efi or the VBoxHFS.efi driver in the correct folder on your USB installer ?

I know that it's supposed to restart a couple of times but the problem is that the process completely stops after the PC restarts. This is what I found in my USB installer:

Screen Shot 2020-04-05 at 17.46.58.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-04-05 at 17.46.58.png
    56.4 KB · Views: 107
I know that it's supposed to restart a couple of times but the problem is that the process completely stops after the PC restarts. This is what I found in my USB installer:

Please try booting in verbose mode and post a picture of where it stops.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back