Contribute
Register

pastrychef's testing machine - HP Elite 8300 SFF - i7-3770 - GT 630

Status
Not open for further replies.
The IntelMausiEthernet.kext got the ethernet card working, which magically fixed iMessages as well.
I know Ethernet was working on Sierra because I have a few Server things that are bound to the IP address for the ethernet card.

I do not remember loading (or deleting) this kext.

Is this a new requirement for High Sierra?

I find this exhausting.

Thank you very kindly for all of your help.

No, this is not new. It was needed with previous versions of macOS as well.

This doesn't work for audio. Also, whatever you do, DO NOT DELETE "APPLEHPET.kext", unless you like a computer that KPs and boot loops non-stop! I had to take the os drive out and put it in another Mac, and run kextbeast to replace it.

For Audio I used this VoodooHDA kext.
http://www.osx86.net/files/file/480-voodoohda-282-r86-3264bit-installer-vt2021-51/

Just install with patch and rebuild cache with DPCImanger app and reboot.
Works great.
https://sourceforge.net/projects/dpcimanager/

Delete AppleHPET.kext
rebuild cache with DPCImanger app and reboot

Audio ports and HDMI audio work great !....

Basic question - if I get a decent graphics card e.g. 1050ti, are multiple monitors supports as one would expect, or are there quirks that need to be thought about?

I've never tried attaching more than one monitor to any of my systems so I don't have any first hand experience to share.

Basic question - if I get a decent graphics card e.g. 1050ti, are multiple monitors supports as one would expect, or are there quirks that need to be thought about?

I run dual monitors off a GT710 2 GB. One DVI, one HDMI. Never had any issues.

If your 1050Ti card has 1xDVI, 1xDP and 2xHDMI outputs, you can only use one of the two HDMI. Therefore you are limited to max three monitors via DVI, DP and 1xHDMI.

If your 1050Ti card has 1xDVI, 1xDP and 2xHDMI outputs, you can only use one of the two HDMI. Therefore you are limited to max three monitors via DVI, DP and 1xHDMI.
Many thanks. I am leaning towards a Quadro card with 3 or 4x DP outputs as I have heard better support for DP under MacOS.

I have a GeForce 1050 TI 4Gb and I run 3 monitors.
mine has DP, HDMI, and DVI I am using all three.
Works great!

Screen Shot 2017-12-15 at 12.38.42 PM.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back