Contribute
Register

pastrychef's testing machine - HP Elite 8300 SFF - i7-3770 - GT 630

Status
Not open for further replies.
A quick update as I has previously struggled with getting audio to work and had resorted to a USB dongle.

I'm running an 8300 with I7-3770 (so HD4000 onboard graphics) via DisplayPort and can confirm that sound is working over DisplayPort :) My analogue speakers are connected to my monitor, which makes my wiring much easier - they can work with my laptop or Hackintosh depending on which is plugged into my monitor.

Following instructions all I did was "install the VoodooHDA 2.9.0 kext and the AppleHDADisabler kext" using KextBeast to "
/Library/Extensions" and rebooted twice (as the first time it hung..).

I just inject those two kexts with clover instead of installing /Library/Extensions. It worked after I changed permissions to allow the kexts to be executable.

I just inject those two kexts with clover instead of installing /Library/Extensions. It worked after I changed permissions to allow the kexts to be executable.
Sorry for the basic question, but what are the steps to do this?

Sorry for the basic question, but what are the steps to do this?

Sorry for the late reply... Had family emergency and had to fly out to California for a few days...

Install them in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/.

Anybody tried a fresh install of High Sierra? I'm stuck in the MultiBeast part, can't select the APFS file system. Should I wait until new MultiBeast is released?

Thanks.

Anybody tried a fresh install of High Sierra? I'm stuck in the MultiBeast part, can't select the APFS file system. Should I wait until new MultiBeast is released?
Yes, you'll need to use Multibeast 8.0 High Sierra version which will be out soon.

Thanks.

Remember to put apfs.efi in to /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/.

Attachments

• config.plist
    4.4 KB · Views: 226
I cannot install the Nvidia graphics drivers, I installed it but when the computer reboots it hangs in the apple screen. I've debuged and the verbose log say something like: gIOScreeenLockState 3 error

I tried to install following this guide: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...er-on-high-sierra-black-screen-panics.234390/ but with no luck.

I attached my config.plist if somebody can help me.

Thanks! :)

Open your config.plist with Clover Configurator.
Go to the Boot section and (1) uncheck "nv_disable=1" and (2) check "nvda_drv=1".
Go to the Kernel and Kext Patches section and remove the "change 15 port limit..." patch.
Go to the SMBIOS section and click on the up/down arrow button on the right of the window and select iMac13,1, 13,2, or 13,3 depending on which CPU you have.

Open your config.plist with Clover Configurator.
Go to the Boot section and (1) uncheck "nv_disable=1" and (2) check "nvda_drv=1".
Go to the Kernel and Kext Patches section and remove the "change 15 port limit..." patch.
Go to the SMBIOS section and click on the up/down arrow button on the right of the window and select iMac13,1, 13,2, or 13,3 depending on which CPU you have.

Thanks @pastrychef! Worked like a charm!! I've successfully installed High Sierra and Nvidia Drivers on 8300.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back