Contribute
Register

pastrychef's testing machine - HP Elite 8300 SFF - i7-3770 - GT 630

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have never used a USB Wifi adaptor. I have not read many good experiences with them.

Yes, a USB audio adaptor will make life much easier for you with regards to sound.

I have one day's worth of experience with the EUDP DB1607 600Mbit AC usb wireless used in combination with the IO Gear Bluetooth adapter. Seems okay so far. Grain of salt. Using my 6300 SFF with wired gigabit ethernet as the primary connection anyway. YMMV.

Edit: checked, handoff and continuity not working OOB. Haven't delved to see if it can be enabled with the above gear.

Last edited:
I might be mistaken, but originally the instructions in the first post also included enabling NullCPUPowerManagement, correct? Since that no longer seems to be needed, what is the safest way to disable it if you have already enabled it in your installation? Just unload the kext and delete it?

Thanks!

I might be mistaken, but originally the instructions in the first post also included enabling NullCPUPowerManagement, correct? Since that no longer seems to be needed, what is the safest way to disable it if you have already enabled it in your installation? Just unload the kext and delete it?

Thanks!
Yes, send it to the trash. Empty trash and reboot. That was never needed. The late 2012 iMacs used the exact same i5-3470 or i7-3770 CPU so why would there be any need for NullCPUPM ? Doesn't make any sense.

See step 8a for how to use an ssdt for CPU PM. https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...acos-sierra-i5-3470-gigabyte-gtx-1050.224812/ There is also a 3770 ssdt you can use attached to post #1 of this thread.

Yes, send it to the trash. Empty trash and reboot. That was never needed. The late 2012 iMacs used the exact same i5-3470 or i7-3770 CPU so why would there be any need for NullCPUPM ? Doesn't make any sense.
Thanks!
Even though my 8300 i7-3770 has had no trouble sleeping or anything else power related, I wonder if having that loaded did anything to hinder turbo boost speeds. I haven't really been monitoring that.

NullCPUPowerManagement is not needed. We discussed it on Page 5, #49 and #50.

If you still have it installed, I'd recommend removing it.

NullCPUPowerManagement is not needed. We discussed it on Page 5, #49 and #50.

If you still have it installed, I'd recommend removing it.
You're right. I did ask you about that. I just wasn't sure if you could simply remove it with no consequences or if there was a more complex process for removing it.

I'll backup and remove it tonight. Thanks!

You can just delete it and reboot. No special procedures needed.

You can just delete it and reboot. No special procedures needed.
Thanks! Next step will be upgrading to Sierra following the steps you posted earlier.

BTW, with the wifi/BT PCI-E card, LAN performance over wifi maxes out at about 240Mbps for me. My system is one floor below my main wifi AP, so that's not bad at all. I'm going to test plugging into a wifi bridge via ethernet to see if I can get speeds above that.

Updated to 10.12.6 from El Cap through the Mac App Store. Everything worked great after I upgraded Clover (whoops!). No issues. No need to redo anything. The Nvidia app even prompted to update the driver to the correct version without me having to do anything.

I bought this card because it has 3 monitor ports, HDMI, DP, and dvi.

EVGA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti SSC GAMING ACX 3.0, 04G-P4-6255-KR, 4GB GDDR5, DX12 OSD Support (PXOC)

Is there a trick to getting the DisplayPort to work?

The HDMI and DVI work no problem.

The whole reason I bought it was to get the third monitor working.

I am also noticing that the light blue shading in "outlook" that shows the selected message is indiscernible.

I am using the Web Drivers

Thanks for helping.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back