Contribute
Register

pastrychef's testing machine - HP Elite 8300 SFF - i7-3770 - GT 630

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you! I wonder if that should be pinned as part of the initial setup instructions?

I did a fresh re-install to Sierra 10.12.5 and followed the instructions for the EHC1 to EH01 here:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ff-i7-3770-gt-630.199712/page-28#post-1448082
That did it -- Bluetooth now shows up.
Incidentally, installing fresh Sierra made Intel 4000 graphics work on the displayport right out of the gate too.

I believe it should. Only because it's common ACPI Patches of course. Attach ioreg.

Yes. You are right. I'll make the edit today.
Awesome thank you for the guide and continued support! Because of you and this thread I was able to get mine going in a single evening.

Question on step 5: "Mount your EFI folder and copy the ssdt.aml file at the bottom of this post to /EFI/ACPI/patched/'

Do you mean /EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched/?

Yes. It's /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/.

Here's an interesting one... I have my 8300 CMT all set up and rocking with OS X 10.12.15.
Using the special VoodooHDA 2.7.3 kext here (https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...3470-quad-core-at-newegg.191143/#post-1246982) I even have audio working (couldn't get it to work with other versions).

I like the system enough that I wanted a second so I got another and set it up exactly the same way (only real difference is that the first system has 20GB RAM and a 500GB HDD, the new system has 16GB RAM and a 120GB SSD). I followed all the exact same procedures to get it going however on the new system, when I install the VoodooHDA kext, the system kernel panics. Even to the point where when I install the kext (with DCPIManager), it crashes right away, I don't even have a chance to get over to click 'rebuild cache'.

So, I installed the VooDooHDA 2.8.8 (from https://sourceforge.net/projects/voodoohda/) and now everything works fine on the new system.

I'm happy everything is working fine but I'm baffled at why the audio solution was different for the two computers....

Last edited:
I'm having a hard time booting into OSX. When the apple logo appears, the loading stops past half. Or it will go through then a pixelated screen with multiple apple logo and loaders stretched out. I followed the installation guide, and BIOS settings. Except for this one

Parallel Port > Disabled

It doesn't show up, I'm on the latest BIOS update.

I tried both UEFI Boot Mode and Legacy Boot Mode.

I'm suspecting the iGPU. Since I don't have a GPU, yet, I used VGA then read somewhere that it does not get detected, so I switched to DP. Same issue.

I even tried to use the Terminal command and Clover to create the bootable drive. Same issue.

I used two different USB sources.

Anyone have an idea?

8300 CMT Specs:

Intel Core [email protected]
16GB Ram
1TB HDD

I don't know why your 8300 doesn't have the parallel option in BIOS...

If you are using the Intel HD 4000 graphics, make sure you select the options in MultiBeast to enable it. I don't remember if the BIOS allows for specific allocation of VRAM for the HD 4000, but if it does, choose the maximum available.

I don't know why your 8300 doesn't have the parallel option in BIOS...

I have two of the 8300 CMTs -- one did not come with a parallel port on the back and for that one the parallel port was not available to disable in BIOS...so I'd guess that's why yours is this way too. I don't think it has any impact on the issue you're experiencing.

I have seen what you're talking about but don't recall what the issue was for me other than I had something with the setup wrong...I'd say try from the top and be sure you're following all the instructions carefully (I don't mean to sound condescending, just that is usually my problem and I have to try things multiple times and find I overlooked something small).

I used UniBeast to create my USB boot drive. What OS version are you trying? I had success with Sierra 10.12.5 (still used iMac 13,2 in MultiBeast though).
Note the recent correction in the instructions to the location of the SSDT.aml file and be sure that's in the right spot too.

Last edited:
Anybody upgraded from 10.12.4 to 10.12.5?

After more than 30 boots, I was able to install 10.12.5. I want to thank everyone who helped from picking up parts to finish installing. And thank you @pastrychef for this guide.

After installation, I ran MultiBeast with parameters mentioned. Except for graphics card, there was only HD 3000, and another one, but no HD 4000. I didn't choose anything. After reboot system seems to recognize it.

Few questions:
Step 5: "Mount EFI" do you mean the one on the flash drive I used for installation? I couldn't mount Machintosh HD used to install OS X, and it does not show on desktop.
Step 6: "Download and install the HDMIAudio-1.1.dmg" - when I open it, it shows kext file, and text with code. Am I supposed to launch that in Terminal?

Edit: I couldn't snag that GTX750 Used. Now, there're QuadroFX 4500, Radeon HD 5770 and ATI FireGL 7200 used going for $10 each.

Also, GT 730 new off Amazon. Is there a difference between 64bit, and 128bit versions?
How's the GT 610, P400, or should I stick with HD4000?
Any recommendation on GPU is appreciated.

Edit: GPU

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back