Contribute
Register

pastrychef's testing machine - HP Elite 8300 SFF - i7-3770 - GT 630

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys, I bought another 8300 for testing but at the moment I don't have any graphics card. I tried to connect my monitor using display port Dell P2715Q but seems not having any signal. I can't access to the bios either :(

If you can't even access BIOS, it may be a defective unit.

Was able to get a refurbished Modo from eBay for $21. HP wants $300 for these Mobo's ( What ! ).
I am going to give it another try.

Awesome, I will give that a try.
For imac13 with Broadcom card, you need to change EHCx to EH0x for it to show up. I don't know why.
Functioning again. Much thanks.

On to next problem. Probably already been beat to death, but is there a fix for HDCP error in iTunes? And how do I get Airplay functioning? I have a MSI gt730 card in with current driver.

Had to abandon my 8300. Must have been a power surge of some type. Fried my Mobo, SSD's, HD. and Power supply.
To many parts to replace to fix it. I have an z220 with i5, 8gb ram and 500gb HD that I got on eBay for $40. I have it loaded with Dual boot El Capitan and Win-10. I will use my z220 as a main computer now. Works great. It is basically the same as the 8300. Going to try a new surge protector. Very quiet and good on energy conservation.

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/40-hp-z220-sff-intel-i5.198763/

upload_2017-2-26_10-50-43.png

Sorry to hear about your losses...

That was my first guess... Something wrong with the power...

I hope the Z220 serves you better.

I have noticed that the z220 fans are louder than the 8300. Almost as loud as my z800 with 1100 watt PSU.
I have the fans turn all the way down in bios however they are still loud.

I really don't know the difference between the z220 and 8300.
The z220 did have MS-Win-Server loaded on it when I received it.

I think the "Z'" series is more of a workstation/server series pc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back