Contribute
Register

pastrychef's testing machine - HP Elite 8300 SFF - i7-3770 - GT 630

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried that. Did not do anything. PC still will not post.
Either you did it wrong or you have a hardware fault.
Use substitution to discover faulty component.

That's weird. I've kept mine up for a few days at a time and never experienced this. Can it be a questionable power supply causing problems?

Nope...Powers on however no post, Nothing. Tried CMOS reset with same results.
I disconnected everything from the motherboard however still does not work.
Motherboard appear to have gone bad.

3rd motherboard that has done this. Anyone else having problems with these Mobo's ?
bios version 2.99 and 3.02. I see there is a bios version 3.03 now.

Nope...Powers on however no post, Nothing. Tried CMOS reset with same results.
I disconnected everything from the motherboard however still does not work.
Motherboard appear to have gone bad.

3rd motherboard that has done this. Anyone else having problems with these Mobo's ?
bios version 2.99 and 3.02. I see there is a bios version 3.03 now.

I really don't know what is causing your motherboards to repeatedly die. My bios version is 3.03.

If your intent is to use FCPX for 4K, I would recommend going with the tower version of the 8300 so that you can use a full sized video card.

That being said, the GTX 750 Ti will work fine with Sierra. You just need to install the Nvidia web drivers.

Aren't some AMD cards better optimized for FCPX? I don't think 750Ti is enough for 4K editing.

Anybody happen to know why my Bluetooth is unavailable when I switch to imac13. Works in BIOS, other iMac, and Macpro 3.1.

Aren't some AMD cards better optimized for FCPX? I don't think 750Ti is enough for 4K editing.

Yes, generally AMD cards are better.

Anybody happen to know why my Bluetooth is unavailable when I switch to imac13. Works in BIOS, other iMac, and Macpro 3.1.

Doesn't make sense... Do you see it in System Information under USB?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back