Contribute
Register

pastrychef's testing machine - HP Elite 8300 SFF - i7-3770 - GT 630

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't find the post anymore, but I recall you saying that you had to update your system definition to imac14,2 from imac13,2 to get Sierra working properly. But in the first post, I now see that you advise against using imac14,2.

I'm thinking of upgrading to Sierra soon but want to clear this up before proceeding. Thanks so much for your help!

Yes, I returned to using the iMac13,2 system definition because Turbo was not working when I was on the iMac14,2 system definition.

Hi, quick noob question i have an 8300sff: i5 3470, 8gb ram ddr3, 240 psu, can a gt 730 run on this? Also a gtx750ti (low profile of course) any problem with bios? Need that uefi thing?

Hi, quick noob question i have an 8300sff: i5 3470, 8gb ram ddr3, 240 psu, can a gt 730 run on this? Also a gtx750ti (low profile of course) any problem with bios? Need that uefi thing?

Either should work fine as long as they are low profile. Make sure that the GTX 750 Ti doesn't require additional power cables. I've seen some heavily overclocked models that require more power.

EFI firmware is only needed on real Mac Pros.

Either should work fine as long as they are low profile. Make sure that the GTX 750 Ti doesn't require additional power cables. I've seen some heavily overclocked models that require more power.

EFI firmware is only needed on real Mac Pros.

Thank you, i was so scared to buy it and get it not working. Thank you so much!

Anyone knows if a USB-UASP external SSD will work in 8300 SFF? I am planning to buy an external SSD to keep some Virtual Machines from Work but not sure if will be reliable to work with it.

Thanks!

Great machine for value. I can confirm UASP is working fine in this setup.

These are the speeds of two SSD's Samsung 850 evo, one installed internally and the other one working with a cheap UASP 3.0 enclosure:

SSD Internal:
CSYARnB.png

SSD External UASP Enclosure:
CGlJ8PS.png

A bit slower (-115,8 MB/s) when I'm using the UASP 3.0, but totally fine to run a VM in Parallels Desktop.

Any news on the cable and the setup?

Sorry mate, got temporary suspended for soliciting, was not aware of forum rules...

I don't think I can help you.

Unless tonymacx86.com has either a section for advertising DIY products or if I am able to post thru Amazon. I really don't know the rules of engagement on this one.

I just don't want to get suspended again....

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry mate, got temporary suspended for soliciting, was not aware of forum rules...

I don't think I can help you.

Unless tonymacx86.com has either a section for advertising DIY products or if I am able to post thru Amazon. I really don't know the rules of engagement on this one.

I just don't want to get suspended again....

It's okay. You don't have to solicit, just tell us, what the solution was. Show us pictures, show us your setup. Tell us about the connectors on the cable etc. Is this okay with you? I don't think this is breaking the forum rules :)

3rd motherboard that failed. I don't know why they are just failing for no apparent reason.
After leaving on for several days they fail on reboot. Bios will not even post and fans spin up.

I can't re-flash the bios because the bios will not even post.

Any Ideas on how to fix this ?

Running El Capitan
Had same problem with Yosemite.

The motherboard does not appear to be compatible with OS-X.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back