Contribute
Register

pastrychef's testing machine - HP Elite 8300 SFF - i7-3770 - GT 630

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some things you can try:

1. Double check that SIP is disabled when you run the installer.
2. Try with Apple's built-in drivers and Nvidia web drivers.
3. Try DVI-D (video card) to HDMI (monitor).

Attaching a pic of what its showing up as, sorry about the quality just snapped a quick picture because I'm on a different computer.
Which system definition (SMBIOS) are you using with the El Capitan install ?

Which system definition (SMBIOS) are you using with the El Capitan install ?
I am using the one in the first post 13,2. I installed Sierra initially and used the newly recommended SMBIOS and didn't get audio, so I said ok lets start from the basics and follow the post to the letter and same thing in El Capitan. I have tried this HDMI audio kext as well as the one in the audio sub forum that is the auto installer, neither of them seem to work. I don't have any sound output devices showing up in the preferences panel. HDMI audio is a major point for me in this system so if I have to buy another card I'm ok with that but I'm not gaming with it so whatever is decent enough to get me to Sierra and have HDMI audio, I'm in.

I have also for kicks tried the web drivers, os x driver, and various combos of the two with the various HDMI audio fixes because at one point I saw where people were having issues with the web drivers not working with HDMI audio. I figured since this is a Kepler card everything would go pretty smoothly but no go so far.

I really don't know what could be wrong. Audio over HDMI survived through the upgrade from El Capitan to Sierra for me without having to do anything.

The only thing that I can think of is to try a different video card. Maybe a friend can lend you one just for testing...

Hi @pastrychef I am installing Sierra. I installed the nvidia graphic drivers but I see under about mac the NVIDIA Chip Model 5 MB. I put the NvidiaWeb to true in config.plist. Am I missing something?

Do you have inject Nvidia checked in Clover Configurator? That's usually the cause for incorrect reporting of VRAM. Make sure it is unchecked.

Do you have inject Nvidia checked in Clover Configurator? That's usually the cause for incorrect reporting of VRAM. Make sure it is unchecked.

Yep you're right! I unchecked and seems working fine now! Is it safe if I go straightaway to 10.12.1? (Upgrading after the nvidia drivers)

Yes, as I stated above, I already upgraded to 10.12.1. After the update, you will be prompted to update the Nvidia web drivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back