Contribute
Register

pastrychef's testing machine - HP Elite 8300 SFF - i7-3770 - GT 630

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is the slowdown from the 3.06 BIOS with the spectre patch noticeable?

Also for the i7 3770, is it better to generate ssdt with ssdtPRgen.sh or use F4 when booting?

Is the slowdown from the 3.06 BIOS with the spectre patch noticeable?

Also for the i7 3770, is it better to generate ssdt with ssdtPRgen.sh or use F4 when booting?

I haven't noticed a slow down.

Pressing F4 has nothing to do with power management. Generate an SSDT using ssdtPRGen.sh should be used for power management.

I am trying to get native audio working. I press F4 at the Clover menu, but it seems like my DSDT doesn’t create. At least it isn’t in the origin folder. Any ideas?

Edit: I see clover can only write to FAT32. Is there a workaround?

I am trying to get native audio working. I press F4 at the Clover menu, but it seems like my DSDT doesn’t create. At least it isn’t in the origin folder. Any ideas?

Edit: I see clover can only write to FAT32. Is there a workaround?

When you press F4, it writes the files to your EFI partition. You don't get to choose where it gets written to. As far as I know, all EFI partitions are FAT32. Look in /EFI/CLOVER/APCI/origin/.

When you press F4, it writes the files to your EFI partition. You don't get to choose where it gets written to. Look in /EFI/CLOVER/APCI/origin/.

I figured out the problem. I had the EFI backup folder I use on my thumb drive mounted instead of on my system drive.

Well, same issue I had before.

Was able to get native audio working, but boot took forever (5+ minutes). Restarted machine in verbose and IOHDACodecFunction times out for 3 minute, then won’t proceed past gIOScreenLockState 3. Has been sitting for 20 minutes.

Also, when I try to boot in safe mode I get symbol.

Apologies for being that guy.

Attachments

• 4C6859B2-1396-4634-AAFF-319CD93A52CF.jpeg
    4C6859B2-1396-4634-AAFF-319CD93A52CF.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 195
Well, same issue I had before.

Was able to get native audio working, but boot took forever (5+ minutes). Restarted machine in verbose and IOHDACodecFunction times out for 3 minute, then won’t proceed past gIOScreenLockState 3. Has been sitting for 20 minutes.

Also, when I try to boot in safe mode I get symbol.

Apologies for being that guy.

Is your AppleHDA.kext clean?

You are also getting the gIOScreenLockState this is graphics card related.

Are you using native NVRAM (either AptioMemoryFix.efi or OsxAptioFix3Drv-64.efi)?

Are you using the drop tables?

Is your AppleHDA.kext clean?

You are also getting the gIOScreenLockState this is graphics card related.

Are you using native NVRAM (either AptioMemoryFix.efi or OsxAptioFix3Drv-64.efi)?

Are you using the drop tables?

AppleHDA is clean.

I’m not using either of the *.efi files you mention. Not to my knowledge, anyway. If you tell me where to verify that, I can double check.

I did use the drop tables, as I used trs96’s method of CPU power management.

AppleHDA is clean.

I’m not using either of the *.efi files you mention. Not to my knowledge, anyway. If you tell me where to verify that, I can double check.

I did use the drop tables, as I used trs96’s method of CPU power management.

You can check /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/ for those two files. If you are using OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi, you are probably using emulated NVRAM.

Try disabling the drop tables. They are not needed. All 8 power states are there with just the SSDT.aml.

Try disabling the drop tables. They are not needed. All 8 power states are there with just the SSDT.aml.

How can I alter the drop tables, though? Booting in safe mode won’t work. See photo.

Edit: I can boot to single user. I’ll look at my drop tables.

Attachments

• 081D974F-CB8D-4FC8-B8C8-00DFEFF90D90.jpeg
    081D974F-CB8D-4FC8-B8C8-00DFEFF90D90.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 187
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back