Contribute
Register

pastrychef's testing machine - HP Elite 8300 SFF - i7-3770 - GT 630

Status
Not open for further replies.
DisplayPort should work... Maybe there's an issue with this specific card... I suggest you try to seek help in the Post Install > Graphics sub-forum. Perhaps someone there will have some information.

Has anyone tried high sierra?

I will be updating once the Nvidia web drivers are released.

Edit: I already updated my laptop to High Sierra (APFS) directly on top of Sierra via App Store and it went about as smoothly as can be expected. I don't anticipate any problems with updating the HP Elite 8300.

Last edited:
I typing on my freshly updated Elite 8300. I updated from Sierra 10.12.6 to High Sierra 10.13 (APFS) via App Store without any issues at all. Detailed update instructions can be found at: Update Directly To macOS High Sierra

To summarize:
  1. Upgrade to latest version of the Clover boot loader.
  2. Copy the apfs.efi file to /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/.
  3. (Recommended) Update FakeSMC to the latest version.
  4. Launch App Store to download and install High Sierra.
  5. Sit back and let it do its thing. It's a long update (took me approx 1 hour) make sure you have time before starting.
  6. After the update, when it boots in to High Sierra, the Nvidia web driver control panel will notify you that an update is needed. Follow the on screen menus to update.

Screen Shot 2017-09-27 at 1.38.34 PM.png

Edit: The update broke audio. I don't have time right now to try and fix it yet. I will update this post again when I've worked on it.

Edit 2: Reinstalling VoodooHDA will restore audio. Download from: https://sourceforge.net/projects/voodoohda/files/

Last edited:
Thanks for the update. The Nvidia web driver seems to be causing some problems. Is it just about luck or can we assume it will work fine on this system?

What problems are you referring to?

I have not encountered any problems on my two systems. My (1) HP Elite 8300 with Dell OEM GTX 745 and (2) Asus Maximus VIII Gene with Gigabyte GTX 1080 seem to be working fine.

Ok, good to know. I will follow the other thread a little more before attempting to upgrade. Haven't got time until next week either way;)

Unnecessary question, sorry about that...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back