iOS
Yes. It's /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/.

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-X58-UD3R FB 2.0
CPU
i7 950
Graphics
ATI Radeon HD 5770
Here's an interesting one... I have my 8300 CMT all set up and rocking with OS X 10.12.15.
Using the special VoodooHDA 2.7.3 kext here (https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...3470-quad-core-at-newegg.191143/#post-1246982) I even have audio working (couldn't get it to work with other versions).

I like the system enough that I wanted a second so I got another and set it up exactly the same way (only real difference is that the first system has 20GB RAM and a 500GB HDD, the new system has 16GB RAM and a 120GB SSD). I followed all the exact same procedures to get it going however on the new system, when I install the VoodooHDA kext, the system kernel panics. Even to the point where when I install the kext (with DCPIManager), it crashes right away, I don't even have a chance to get over to click 'rebuild cache'.

So, I installed the VooDooHDA 2.8.8 (from https://sourceforge.net/projects/voodoohda/) and now everything works fine on the new system.

I'm happy everything is working fine but I'm baffled at why the audio solution was different for the two computers....

Last edited:
I'm having a hard time booting into OSX. When the apple logo appears, the loading stops past half. Or it will go through then a pixelated screen with multiple apple logo and loaders stretched out. I followed the installation guide, and BIOS settings. Except for this one

Parallel Port > Disabled
It doesn't show up, I'm on the latest BIOS update.

I tried both UEFI Boot Mode and Legacy Boot Mode.

I'm suspecting the iGPU. Since I don't have a GPU, yet, I used VGA then read somewhere that it does not get detected, so I switched to DP. Same issue.

I even tried to use the Terminal command and Clover to create the bootable drive. Same issue.

I used two different USB sources.

Anyone have an idea?

8300 CMT Specs:

Intel Core i7-3700@3.4GHz
16GB Ram
1TB HDD

pastrychef

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming
CPU
i9-9900K OC'd @ 5.0GHz
Graphics
Radeon VII
Mac
MacBook, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
iBook, Power Mac, PowerBook
Mobile Phone
iOS
I don't know why your 8300 doesn't have the parallel option in BIOS...

If you are using the Intel HD 4000 graphics, make sure you select the options in MultiBeast to enable it. I don't remember if the BIOS allows for specific allocation of VRAM for the HD 4000, but if it does, choose the maximum available.

Motherboard
CPU
i7 950
Graphics
ATI Radeon HD 5770
I don't know why your 8300 doesn't have the parallel option in BIOS...
I have two of the 8300 CMTs -- one did not come with a parallel port on the back and for that one the parallel port was not available to disable in BIOS...so I'd guess that's why yours is this way too. I don't think it has any impact on the issue you're experiencing.

I have seen what you're talking about but don't recall what the issue was for me other than I had something with the setup wrong...I'd say try from the top and be sure you're following all the instructions carefully (I don't mean to sound condescending, just that is usually my problem and I have to try things multiple times and find I overlooked something small).

I used UniBeast to create my USB boot drive. What OS version are you trying? I had success with Sierra 10.12.5 (still used iMac 13,2 in MultiBeast though).
Note the recent correction in the instructions to the location of the SSDT.aml file and be sure that's in the right spot too.

Last edited:
Motherboard
HP 8300 Elite SFF
CPU
i7-3770
Graphics
GTX 750 Ti
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
Anybody upgraded from 10.12.4 to 10.12.5?

After more than 30 boots, I was able to install 10.12.5. I want to thank everyone who helped from picking up parts to finish installing. And thank you @pastrychef for this guide.

After installation, I ran MultiBeast with parameters mentioned. Except for graphics card, there was only HD 3000, and another one, but no HD 4000. I didn't choose anything. After reboot system seems to recognize it.

Few questions:
Step 5: "Mount EFI" do you mean the one on the flash drive I used for installation? I couldn't mount Machintosh HD used to install OS X, and it does not show on desktop.
Step 6: "Download and install the HDMIAudio-1.1.dmg" - when I open it, it shows kext file, and text with code. Am I supposed to launch that in Terminal?

Edit: I couldn't snag that GTX750 Used. Now, there're QuadroFX 4500, Radeon HD 5770 and ATI FireGL 7200 used going for $10 each.

Also, GT 730 new off Amazon. Is there a difference between 64bit, and 128bit versions?
How's the GT 610, P400, or should I stick with HD4000?
Any recommendation on GPU is appreciated.

Edit: GPU

Last edited:

pastrychef

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming
CPU
i9-9900K OC'd @ 5.0GHz
Graphics
Radeon VII
Mac
MacBook, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
iBook, Power Mac, PowerBook
Mobile Phone
iOS
When you run MultiBeast, be sure to point it to your boot drive.

When I say "Mount EFI", I mean the EFI partition of your boot drive.

You can use the .sh file in Terminal to install the HDMIAudio-1.1.dmg kext or you can use one of the many kext installers such as KextBeast.

Do not get the GT 610, it stopped working with macOS Sierra. I do not know about the Quadro or ATI/AMD cards, I've never really looked in to using them. I believe some versions of GT 730 have issues with macOS.

You can take your time with your GPU search. HD4000 should work fine for now.

Motherboard
CPU
i7 950
Graphics
ATI Radeon HD 5770
Edit: I couldn't snag that GTX750 Used. Now, there're QuadroFX 4500, Radeon HD 5770 and ATI FireGL 7200 used going for $10 each.

Also, GT 730 new off Amazon. Is there a difference between 64bit, and 128bit versions?
How's the GT 610, P400, or should I stick with HD4000?
Awesome congrats on getting it going. Yeah 30 boots sounds about right for me...I learn a little each time. Soon I'll be able to spell 'kext' ... hahah.

My i7 950 system has the Radeon 5770 in it and it's great however they recommend a 450W power supply for that + 6pin connector which you will not have in your HP8300 CMT so probably not the right card for you there.
http://www.amd.com/en-us/products/graphics/desktop/5000/5770

Right now I'm using HD4000 graphics -- which work right out of the box (no Multibeast selections or kexts needed) when I fresh-install Sierra 10.12.5. (I have a post a few pages back on how I got it to work with El Capitan).

I'm interested in dual monitors -- mostly Photoshop & Lightroom so not much graphics power needed, not sure what I'll upgrade to. Might grab the GTX 1050 just for future-proofing.

EDIT: Amazon has the MSI GTX 1050 for $100, free Prime shipping and then a $20 rebate for $80 net price
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01M67EF75/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

Last edited:
Motherboard
HP 8300 CMT
CPU
i7-3770
Graphics
RX 560
Mac
MacBook Pro
Yes. You are right. I'll make the edit today.
Could you explain what this does and why it is required? I followed your guide and USB ports seem to be working although I am having issues pulling files from an encrypted USB disk. It opens ok after the password is entered, but accessing data for >5 minutes and the drive ejects without being asked to. I will try this and see if it helps, but at the moment don't understand what it is doing (and that same USB port and cable works fine with an unencrypted drive).