Contribute
Register

pastrychef's testing machine - HP Elite 8300 SFF - i7-3770 - GT 630

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah. Right...

Yes, I tested the HD 4000 briefly here: #70

It worked but the system seemed to think I had two monitors connected when I only had one.

It is still badass! :) Got to get one of these machines. Post alone from the UK is pricier, than the machine itself :D

I just tried booting up with my monitor connected to HD 4000 and it wouldn't boot. In fact, my system can't completely finish booting in to macOS with the HD 4000 enabled in bios. macOS loads partially and the system resets. I had to disable it from bios before it would finish booting.

If time permits, I'll try doing a clean install using just the HD 4000 and see how it goes...

I know what I'll be messing with this weekend while I'm waiting on my GTX 950 to arrive by next week......

I know what I'll be messing with this weekend while I'm waiting on my GTX 950 to arrive by next week......
1 request. If you're using HD4000 see if you can get HDMI audio to work while adapting DP to HDMI. Or even DP to DP if you have a DP capable monitor with built in speakers.

1 request. If you're using HD4000 see if you can get HDMI audio to work while adapting DP to HDMI. Or even DP to DP if you have a DP capable monitor with built in speakers.

I already tested that and can confirm that audio works with DisplayPort to HDMI adaptor.

But, again, the HD 4000 only works when there is no discrete graphics card present.

I already tested that and can confirm that audio works.
But, again, the HD 4000 only works when there is no discrete graphics card present.
HP has done this for many years. Installing a graphics card disables igfx automatically. Guess it saves
the EU a little time when they don't have to change any BIOS/UEFI settings.

Did the HD4000 HDMI audio work without the 3rd party kext or was that required ?
What about the HD4000 HDMI audio kext from Multibeast ?

Last edited:
I already tested that and can confirm that audio works with DisplayPort to HDMI adaptor.

That's interesting. Does the OS become unstable from switching back & forth between HD4000 / GPU from inserting/removing GPU? (Between power down, not hot swapping of course...)

Last edited:
That's interesting. Does the OS become unstable from switching back & forth between HD4000 / GPU from inserting/removing GPU?

No. It's just a bit of a pain to physically pull and put back the video card.

..*sigh, that MSI GTX 950 that doesn't need a 6 pin, yeah newegg has the incorrect description it most certainly has a 6 pin. While there is one that doesn't, they don't sell that model. I ordered a sata to 6 pin and hoping that gets me going.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back