Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

Hi. Try using a different USB port for your USB installer. Don't use the USB 3.1 gen 2 ports.

Thanks for the fast reply. That did not change anything, regardless of blue, red or black USB port.

Thanks for the fast reply. That did not change anything, regardless of blue, red or black USB port.

Hmm... Weird... Can you try without your video card and use the EFI folder for UHD 630?

Doesn't make sense. Triple check your BIOS settings.

Doesn't make sense. Triple check your BIOS settings.

Got it to work. Believe it or not, it was a dead/ bad RAM Slot. A1 is not working! B1 works fine. A2 & B2 don't work as per your warning!

So happy to Finally have a working system again :headbang::headbang::headbang:

Thank you a lot for your time and advice, now to the post install stuff....

I just tested out my front headphone jack and it's working. You can try the following to get it enabled on your build:

1. Mount your EFI partition.
  2. Go to your /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/ folder and delete the AppleALC.kext.
  3. Download MultiBeast.
  4. Launch MultiBeast.
  5. Click on "Drivers" on the top of the MultiBeast window.
  6. Select:
  7. View attachment 307029Click Build at the top of the MultiBeast window.
  8. Reboot.

Also, I updated post #40 with a link to a pigtail antenna with longer cable.

@pastrychef it apears I have lost audio. Read in the forum that it could be because I had the realtek audio drivers installed on my windows drive. I uninstalled them but still no sound on the hackintosh. Just the one coming from the displayport of the vega 64.

Would this fix work for me? Dont want to try on my own, as I am afraid that I might screw up

Thanks
Nelson

@pastrychef it apears I have lost audio. Read in the forum that it could be because I had the realtek audio drivers installed on my windows drive. I uninstalled them but still no sound on the hackintosh. Just the one coming from the displayport of the vega 64.

Would this fix work for me? Dont want to try on my own, as I am afraid that I might screw up

Thanks
Nelson

I have no idea how Windows drivers can mess up macOS...

It won't mess anything up if you try. Don't worry. This fix should work for you.

When complete, you can copy the EFI folder linked to the bottom of this post to the EFI partition of your macOS High Sierra drive.

I did this, boots just fine, but I get to the Clover screen and have to choose the Mac OS on my M.2 drive every startup.
Can I change that so it directly boots to the password screen?

Also do I want to change name from iMac into Mac Pro. Can I do that in the clover configurator or do I need to run something like Multibeast?

Install the Nvidia web drivers that are associated with the version of macOS you installed.

I assume this is irrelevant for AMD cards?

USB fix:
The EFI folder linked here incorporates the USB 15 port limit patch.

If I want to use all Ports do I have to do it?

Anything else you recommend doing? Ram and everything else works so far. Only thing I'm waiting for is the M.2 sized Wifi Card. My PCI one is keeping me up in the meantime :)

I have no idea how Windows drivers can mess up macOS...

It won't mess anything up if you try. Don't worry. This fix should work for you.

Thank you for the immediate reply.

I did as you asked, but clicked on the ALC1220 instead of the ALC1220A as I have a Maximus Hero X.

Not sure if this was a smart move, as although the system now detects audio (it even detects that I plug in the headsets on the front connector) there is no sound coming out. Not over the front io, either the back.

Just like before over display port.

Any suggestions?

Thank you again for all your precious help

I did this, boots just fine, but I get to the Clover screen and have to choose the Mac OS on my M.2 drive every startup.
Can I change that so it directly boots to the password screen?

You can do this by editing your config.plist.
Screen Shot 2018-01-20 at 5.06.20 PM.png

Also do I want to change name from iMac into Mac Pro. Can I do that in the clover configurator or do I need to run something like Multibeast?

I assume you are talking about what shows up in "About This Mac". Yes, you can change it. It's just a cosmetic thing that I've never personally looked in to. No, MultiBeast has no provision for changing this.

I assume this is irrelevant for AMD cards?

Correct. Irrelevant for users of AMD and/or Intel UHD 630 graphics.

If I want to use all Ports do I have to do it?

If you want all your ports to remain active, just continue to use the KextsToPatch patch. Don't use the SSDT-USB.aml. It's your choice which you want to use but as stated in the first post, using the SSDT-USB.aml is advised.

Anything else you recommend doing? Ram and everything else works so far. Only thing I'm waiting for is the M.2 sized Wifi Card. My PCI one is keeping me up in the meantime :)

If you've done everything in the first post and everything is working properly, there isn't much left to do other than to use the computer.

Back