Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

And VDADecoderChecker is still giving you the same error?? That's weird. The same fix worked for at least a few people on my Gene thread.

I seem to have the problem child. ;)

Try replacing the EFI folder on your USB installer with my EFI folder.
Thank you! Now I can get past the loading and into the installation, however, none of the internal ssd or hard drive are showing in the installation. (Tried "show all devices" on disk utility, didn't work). Those hard drives show up in BIOS. Any ideas what could help?

Thank you! Now I can get past the loading and into the installation, however, none of the internal ssd or hard drive are showing in the installation. (Tried "show all devices" on disk utility, didn't work). Those hard drives show up in BIOS. Any ideas what could help?

I don't know why your drives are to showing. I've never encountered that. What kind of drives do you have installed? I suggest triple checking BIOS settings.

Also, please fill out your profile with your CPU, motherboard, and GPU info so that it's easier for others to help you.

I don't know why your drives are to showing. I've never encountered that. What kind of drives do you have installed? I suggest triple checking BIOS settings.

Also, please fill out your profile with your CPU, motherboard, and GPU info so that it's easier for others to help you.
Sure thing! I mounted the drives manually through Terminal and it worked! Thanks for your guide!

Hey Pastry, it's me again.
Everything seems working fine with your guide. Except that a have sleep / wake problem. When my computer goes to sleep a have to reboot every time. Do you know a guide to fix this problem or there is a quick fix for this?

Thank you so much for your help.
Hi there! I'm having exactly the same problem. No luck finding solution for me at least. Did you manage to fix it?

Hmm... When you have time, try booting up in verbose mode and take a picture of where it stops...

Well I feel like an idiot... The problem that I was having with the GPU during launch was due to the fact that it wasn't plugged into the board properly. Sometimes the solutions are too easy...

Thanks for all your help! I have everything running perfectly now. I never got your initial EFI folder to work for the install but running the installer with your BIOS settings and the 630 efi folder, then switching over to my Nvidia gpu after install, worked perfectly! Thank you so much for the post and your help!

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G - i7-8700K - GTX 1080 build

Hi, hope you remember me from my buying advice post where you advised me on the composers. Everything arrived :)

C2013DF0-3982-4B42-BC06-8F06649C98BD.jpeg

I followed your Bios settings, used the AMD EFI Folder and now when I boot of the USB, I get stuck directly after the Clover screen here:

8BF10A9B-E7F5-45C9-9962-50161507F8CE.jpeg

Any advice?

Hi, hope you remember me from my buying advice post where you advised me on the composers. Everything arrived :)

View attachment 307422

I followed your Bios settings, used the AMD EFI Folder and now when I boot of the USB, I get stuck directly after the Clover screen here:

View attachment 307421

Any advice?

Hi. Try using a different USB port for your USB installer. Don't use the USB 3.1 gen 2 ports.

Back