Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

Hi, pastrychef!

As I'm currently working on my first ever hackintosh, I ran into a trouble - the apple boot loading goes till the middle and stops and loading circle freezes. What could be the problem? I have a quite similar parts as you do. Used the same settings as you on BIOS. Kept everything basic on the Unibeast.

my main parts:
Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-F GAMING
CPU - Intel i7 8700K
GPU - Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1060 Xtreme Edition 6GB
RAM - Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 16GB 2666MHz CL16 DDR4

Hi, pastrychef!

As I'm currently working on my first ever hackintosh, I ran into a trouble - the apple boot loading goes till the middle and stops and loading circle freezes. What could be the problem? I have a quite similar parts as you do. Used the same settings as you on BIOS. Kept everything basic on the Unibeast.

my main parts:
Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-F GAMING
CPU - Intel i7 8700K
GPU - Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1060 Xtreme Edition 6GB
RAM - Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 16GB 2666MHz CL16 DDR4

Try replacing the EFI folder on your USB installer with my EFI folder.

When you launch Disk Utility, make sure to select "Show All Devices":
View attachment 306920

Although I've never encounter it, I've read about a few instance where some keyboards just refuse to work in macOS. The only thing I can suggest is to try different USB ports and/or different keyboard.
Thank you it work like a charm.

BTW can i use your usb fix file with my asus rog strix z370 E or it's only for the asus rog strix z370 G?

The odds of my SSDT-USB.aml file being compatible with a different motherboard are pretty much nil. You will need to create your own for your motherboard.

@pastrychef - what ig-platform-id are you using with this build?

Interesting. @toleda says there's no connectors on that value and suggests 0000 instead...

Interesting. @toleda says there's no connectors on that value and suggests 0000 instead...

Yes. There will be no connectors. 0x59120003 is for headless operation. That means it's just present for things like Quick Sync, HEVC, etc.

If you want to use the UHD 630 for video output, 0x59120000 is the one to use.

Ah, I see... thanks!

BTW, I pulled up Video Converter Pro and checked for Encoding - no more hardware encoding present... :( Not sure why...

Back