Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

With my Z370XP SLI from Gigabyte I have a similar problem. Fans spin at 100% after wake from sleep with no reason. They don't even display correct RPM after sleep (stay at 0RPM) :beachball:

- EDIT -
F6b BIOS released today solved my problem

Last edited:
How did you get your audio working? I have no audio devices, the speaker symbol is greyed out.

Strix z370F

This is straying off topic and I don't which guides you followed, but you should delete whatever audio fixes you already have installed. Then, you can use MultiBeast:
Screen Shot 2018-01-16 at 7.56.31 PM.png

I don't know why my EFI folder didn't work for you before, but it should work and could save you some trouble from trying to find individual fixes.

Hi! I have a strange problem I build a system following your instructions with Z370-e, everything works quite well, however one of the chassis fan doesn't work after OS loads, I can see it in BIOS and it is working while the system loads, but after that it stops and doesn't work in any scenario. I would appreciate any help.

Maybe consider getting a fan hub, it's a cleaner solution. You just plug it into the CPU fan header and all your fans hook into the hub. ALL your fans will now be PMW controlled. I use this one myself.
https://www.phanteksusa.com/collections/accessories/products/phanteks-fan-hub
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00M0R05WE/?tag=tonymacx86com-20
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811984004

Hello @pastrychef,

Thank you so much for the detailed guide. I am totally new to this but managed to make it through the install process easily thanks to your instructions.

I built my system with the Asus MAXIMUS HERO X, 8700k, and the VEGA 64 Liquid Cooled. Just waiting for the airport you also mentioned. I didnt have to do anything with the RAM. I have 4 sticks of 8gb @3466 and the system detects them.

Now that High Sierra 10.13.2 is installed, and I am not sure what to do next, as all these instructions can be quite scary :

Do I need to do something with Multibeast?

Or Clover?

Or clover configurator?

I have two 4k monitors connected to the Vega 64 and both have audio over DP. I also have audio over one of the line out options in the back of the motherboard. The fron i/0 audio does not work. Sleep does not work.

I still cant boot without the usb stick.

Thank you for all your help.

Hello @pastrychef,

Thank you so much for the detailed guide. I am totally new to this but managed to make it through the install process easily thanks to your instructions.

I built my system with the Asus MAXIMUS HERO X, 8700k, and the VEGA 64 Liquid Cooled. Just waiting for the airport you also mentioned. I didnt have to do anything with the RAM. I have 4 sticks of 8gb @3466 and the system detects them.

Now that High Sierra 10.13.2 is installed, and I am not sure what to do next, as all these instructions can be quite scary :

Or Clover?

Or clover configurator?

I have two 4k monitors connected to the Vega 64 and both have audio over DP. I also have audio over one of the line out options in the back of the motherboard. The fron i/0 audio does not work. Sleep does not work.

You quit before finishing. Do a find in the first post for "
  1. When complete, you can copy the EFI folder linked to the bottom of this post to the EFI partition of your macOS High Sierra drive." and finish your work from there.

You quit before finishing. Do a find in the first post for "
  1. When complete, you can copy the EFI folder linked to the bottom of this post to the EFI partition of your macOS High Sierra drive." and finish your work from there.

Thank you. I did as instructed in the beginning and moved the amdvega EFI to the uni beast folder

You are saying that, now after the install, I should move the one that just says EFI to the hard drive?

You have an EFI partition, and you need to put the EFI folder onto that. You can most easily find this EFI partition by downloading and installing ESP Mounter Pro, or another similar tool, made to mount and unmount EFI partitions.

Then you won't need the USB drive anymore for daily booting. But keep it handy - and untouched/unchanged - for when you inevitably get yourself in a no-boot situation. :)

Hello @pastrychef,

Or Clover?

Or clover configurator?

Yes, you need to copy the EFI folder to the EFI partition of your macOS drive.

Next, you should follow the instructions in the Post Installation section. Use Clover Configurator to open the config.plist located in /EFI/CLOVER/ on the EFI partiton of your macOS drive.

I haven't tested the front audio ports at all. I never use them.

What happens when it goes to sleep? Is it having difficulty going to sleep or waking from sleep or is it doing something during sleep? What USB devices do you have plugged in?

Yes, you need to copy the EFI folder to the EFI partition of your macOS drive.

Next, you should follow the instructions in the Post Installation section. Use Clover Configurator to open the config.plist located in /EFI/CLOVER/ on the EFI partiton of your macOS drive.

I haven't tested the front audio ports at all. I never use them.

What happens when it goes to sleep? Is it having difficulty going to sleep or waking from sleep or is it doing something during sleep? What USB devices do you have plugged in?

Thank you for the help.

So I have copied the EFI Folder to the EFI Partition on the hard drive. Thanks to @dclive for the mention of the esp mounter pro.

Before getting into the sleep/wake issue, I have no clue what to do with the Clover Configurator. Could you give me some pointers? it all looks Chinese to me.

I am writing this message after already downloading programs, like FCPX, which runs perfectly. Also, the Ethernet runs great and the USB c in the back of the motherboard as well.

What I noticed is that every time I connect my time machine hard drive to a USB 3 in the back of the motherboard, the Bluetooth mouse starts to stutter (eventually disconnects) and the Bluetooth keyboard loses its connection. I am using a Bluetooth USB dongle. I guess this will be sorted when I get the airport you recommended.

Without the external drive of the time machine connected, all is well with Bluetooth keyboard and mouse.

I have also been having WiFi via a WiFi USB adapter until the airport arrives.

Thank you

Back