Contribute
Register

pastrychef's build - Asus Maximus VIII Gene - i7-7700K - GTX 1080

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol. Back to High Sierra then!

@pastrychef, you've got 2 SSDT-USB.aml in Post#1. I can't find which is doing what. Please differentiate for me/us. TIA.

@pastrychef, you've got 2 SSDT-USB.aml in Post#1. I can't find which is doing what. Please differentiate for me/us. TIA.

SSDT-USBX is to enable USB power injection so that you can, for example, charge an iPad.
The other two are for addressing the 15 port limit.

Great! Thank you.

PastryChef... were you able to get the CPU frequency under 2 GHz when idle?

I'm not having much luck. I tried different configuration settings in Clover and tried generated SSDT.aml and SSDT-XCPM.aml. When I used ssdtPRGen to generate multiple SSDTs and decided to try SSDT-1.aml (not the SSDT.aml) which puts the idle frequency to 1 GHz. It did the same thing with OpenCore. Any idea why SSDT-1.aml is doing better job than SSDT.aml?

Update: I removed SSDT from OpenCore and now its showing near 1GHz idle speed. That's not the case with Clover as I enabled PluginType and it's showing higher frequency without SSDT. I guess Clover and OpenCore manages power management differently.

Last edited:
PastryChef... were you able to get the CPU frequency under 2 GHz when idle?

I'm not having much luck. I tried different configuration settings in Clover and tried generated SSDT.aml and SSDT-XCPM.aml. When I used ssdtPRGen to generate multiple SSDTs and decided to try SSDT-1.aml (not the SSDT.aml) which puts the idle frequency to 1 GHz. It did the same thing with OpenCore. Any idea why SSDT-1.aml is doing better job than SSDT.aml?

Update: I removed SSDT from OpenCore and now its showing near 1GHz idle speed. That's not the case with Clover as I enabled PluginType and it's showing higher frequency without SSDT. I guess Clover and OpenCore manages power management differently.

Are you using iMac19,x system definition? I found CPU idle speeds to be higher when I used that system definition. Please see this post.

Are you using iMac19,x system definition? I found CPU idle speeds to be higher when I used that system definition. Please see this post.

Using 17,1 definition.

Looks like I'll try 1,1 and see how it goes.

Running into panic immiediately before Kernel version details. Have you seen this before?

Attachments

• IMG_20191028_085935.jpg
    IMG_20191028_085935.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 88
Running into panic immiediately before Kernel version details. Have you seen this before?

No, I have not seen that. Did you disable IGPU in BIOS?

Please post your EFI.

No, I have not seen that. Did you disable IGPU in BIOS?

I read somewhere that iGPU enabled in BIOS helps with PM but I'm skeptic. I was able to boot using MacPro1,1 with iGPU disabled but there's no difference with power management. Same CPU frequencies as iMac17,1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back