Contribute
Register

pastrychef's build - Asus Maximus VIII Gene - i7-7700K - GTX 1080

Status
Not open for further replies.
oh wow that was a big move , is the AMD worth it ? also when I say that I want to update clover its the clover in the begining managerr in the beging sorry im just saying that cause you said to launch the app / IDK if thats what you mean ... also

Yes. Just run the Clover installer to update it.

can you take alook at my efi files again and let me know if you see the ethernet drivers please.

No. There's no ethernet kext in there. Check your /Library/Extensions/.

Yes. Just run the Clover installer to update it.

if its not there then do you know were I can find it ?

No. There's no ethernet kext in there. Check your /Library/Extensions/.

thnx worked like a charm. I think I will do the same thing and move to amd , was the move hard ? I heard that setting up AMD is a bit more trickier

If you use one of the more recent AMD cards, it's very easy.

also wht tuts did you follow to do your upgrade ( or did you do it on your own)

I just updated via Mac App Store.

I upgraded to Mojave the second it was released. I upgraded on my Z370 system. I no longer have my Z170 system. I sold my GTX 1080 and replaced ti with a Vega 56.

If you need help upgrading on your Maximus VIII Gene system, please post your EFI folder. I can try to help with the upgrade.

Hi pastrychef, I can't wait anymore. 10.14.1 is good enough for me :) And I make a backup of my working installation anyway, so what could really happen in the end. So, I would like to take your offer to help me update to Mojave.

I attached my EFI folder. Could you please give me advise what to do? At the moment my system works really great after you helped me with the USB ports etc. Is it just update Clover, update apfs.efi and go?

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    21.2 MB · Views: 81
Hi pastrychef, I can't wait anymore. 10.14.1 is good enough for me :) And I make a backup of my working installation anyway, so what could really happen in the end. So, I would like to take your offer to help me update to Mojave.

I attached my EFI folder. Could you please give me advise what to do? At the moment my system works really great after you helped me with the USB ports etc. Is it just update Clover, update apfs.efi and go?

Thanks in advance!

Please try this EFI. This is what I'm currently using with my Skylake system.

If everything is working in High Sierra, it should also work fine in Mojave.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    32.9 MB · Views: 143
Great, thanks! But what should I do first? Update Clover? Update APFS.efi or .. ? When you first helped me I did a clean install :) I also see you use Whatevergreen. Is this necessary for me?

1. Back up your existing, working EFI folder to the EFI partition of a USB flash drive in case something goes very wrong and the EFI I provided doesn't work at all.
2. Replace the entire EFI folder on your main system drive with the on that I provided.
3. Reboot and hope for the best.

There's no need to update anything. Everything in that EFI folder is at the newest version.

Try with WhateverGreen first. If you don't like it, you can delete any time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back