Contribute
Register

pastrychef's build - Asus Maximus VIII Gene - i7-7700K - GTX 1080

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you planning to upgrade to Mojave any time soon, pastrychef?

I upgraded to Mojave the second it was released. I upgraded on my Z370 system. I no longer have my Z170 system. I sold my GTX 1080 and replaced ti with a Vega 56.

If you need help upgrading on your Maximus VIII Gene system, please post your EFI folder. I can try to help with the upgrade.

I upgraded to Mojave the second it was released. I upgraded on my Z370 system. I no longer have my Z170 system. I sold my GTX 1080 and replaced ti with a Vega 56.

If you need help upgrading on your Maximus VIII Gene system, please post your EFI folder. I can try to help with the upgrade.

Thnx. I think I'm gonna wait till 10.14.4 or something. Hope you still around at that time ;)

Hi pastrychef,

I have a little issue with my build. Maybe you can give me some information/solution on this.

I have a RX 580 in my hack and I'm trying to export a video with Premiere Pro (264, mp4, 10 seconds video). When I hit export the build freezes. I tried Open GL and Metal as settings.. I read somewhere else I should enable the iGPU, but I think this is not possible. GPU and iPGU both enabled.. Anyway, does this make any sense to you? With import, editing, effects, render, no problems at all. But a total freeze with export.

Any ideas?

Hi pastrychef,

I have a little issue with my build. Maybe you can give me some information/solution on this.

I have a RX 580 in my hack and I'm trying to export a video with Premiere Pro (264, mp4, 10 seconds video). When I hit export the build freezes. I tried Open GL and Metal as settings.. I read somewhere else I should enable the iGPU, but I think this is not possible. GPU and iPGU both enabled.. Anyway, does this make any sense to you? With import, editing, effects, render, no problems at all. But a total freeze with export.

Any ideas?

I don't use Premiere, but I can tell you that, yes, you can enable the IGPU even though you have a discrete video card.
  1. Boot in to BIOS.
  2. Enable IGPU.
  3. Set your discrete video card as primary.
  4. Reboot and go to BIOS again.
  5. Set memory for IGPU to 64MB or higher.
You should probably also install the latest Lilu.kext and WhateverGreen.kext.

Hows life man ? I havent been on here for a long time. In any event I have a question 1st are you going to install mojave when nvidia updates their drivers ? Or are you looking for a work around ? Also I wanted to know is there a way to update my clover manager ? and finally my lan connection still wont work and im not sure why .

I'm already on Mojave. I updated the first day it was made available.

I sold my GTX 1080 and upgraded to an AMD Vega 56 so I don't have to wait for Nvidia web drivers.

If you want to update Clover, you can do so by just launching the installer. Be sure to check compare what you have in /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/ to what the installer wants to install.

As long as you have IntelMausiEthernet.kext installed, ethernet should be working.

I'm already on Mojave. I updated the first day it was made available.

I sold my GTX 1080 and upgraded to an AMD Vega 56 so I don't have to wait for Nvidia web drivers.

If you want to update Clover, you can do so by just launching the installer. Be sure to check compare what you have in /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/ to what the installer wants to install.

As long as you have IntelMausiEthernet.kext installed, ethernet should be working.
oh wow that was a big move , is the AMD worth it ? also when I say that I want to update clover its the clover in the begining managerr in the beging sorry im just saying that cause you said to launch the app / IDK if thats what you mean ... also

can you take alook at my efi files again and let me know if you see the ethernet drivers please.

Attachments

• EFI 2.zip
    20.3 MB · Views: 63
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back