Contribute
Register

pastrychef's build - Asus Maximus VIII Gene - i7-7700K - GTX 1080

Status
Not open for further replies.
@xelanaiznac @pastrychef unfortunately Quick Sync stopped working when I upgraded to 10.13.2.

❯ /Applications/VDADecoderChecker
GVA info: Successfully connected to the Intel plugin, offline Gen95
AVDCreateGPUAccelerator: Error loading GPU renderer
VDADecoderCreate failed. err: -12473
An error was returned by the decoder layer. This may happen for example because of bitstream/data errors during a decode operation. This error may also be returned from VDADecoderCreate when hardware decoder resources are available on the system but currently in use by another process.

I have this problem unsolved for so much time. The update rarely works, I tried everything!
Now, for me, the solution seems to remove the file EmuVariableUefi-64.efi before upgrade. Than reboot, upgrade and replace the file EmuVariableUefi-64.efi.

I don't know what is this file. Is it for nvram ?

the best thing is to have a usb stick with clover without this file and use the stick only to update osx.

Did you try downloading and using the full macOS High Sierra installer to update?

Did you try downloading and using the full macOS High Sierra installer to update?
No, I have not tried the full High sierra installer. Just for last two upgrade

The full installer updated me from 10.13.1 to 10.13.2 fine. All my apps, settings, etc remained intact.

@xelanaiznac @pastrychef unfortunately Quick Sync stopped working when I upgraded to 10.13.2.

❯ /Applications/VDADecoderChecker
GVA info: Successfully connected to the Intel plugin, offline Gen95
AVDCreateGPUAccelerator: Error loading GPU renderer
An error was returned by the decoder layer. This may happen for example because of bitstream/data errors during a decode operation. This error may also be returned from VDADecoderCreate when hardware decoder resources are available on the system but currently in use by another process.

for me it's working

Attachments

• Schermata 2017-12-08 alle 14.35.36.png
    Schermata 2017-12-08 alle 14.35.36.png
    325.9 KB · Views: 99
xelanaiznac, can you post your copy of VDADecoderChecker? Mine is showing errors but I'm not sure if it's my copy of the checker. Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back