Contribute
Register

pastrychef's build - Asus Maximus VIII Gene - i7-7700K - GTX 1080

Status
Not open for further replies.
20200518_121907.jpg

By far the best Mac I ever owned (and it's only getting better) :) Thank you so much.

Last edited:
Hi all,

I used this guide a few years ago to get myself up and running on High Sierra.

A few weeks ago I updated my clover, and now my system no longer boots, probably because clover has new features or changed the way it uses UEFI drivers etc.

Would someone be kind enough to send me their EFI partition please, so I can try get it working again?

I've attached my config.plist and EFI partition as well.

My machine was on High Sierra previously.

Processor: i7-6700K
GFX: GTX 1080ti

Attachments

• config.plist
    9.2 KB · Views: 70
  • EFI.zip
    22.5 MB · Views: 74
Last edited:
Hi all,

I used this guide a few years ago to get myself up and running on High Sierra.

A few weeks ago I updated my clover, and now my system no longer boots, probably because clover has new features or changed the way it uses UEFI drivers etc.

Would someone be kind enough to send me their EFI partition please, so I can try get it working again?

I've attached my config.plist and EFI partition as well.

My machine was on High Sierra previously.

Processor: i7-6700K
GFX: GTX 1080ti

Unfortunately, Nvidia stopped releasing web drivers for their video cards. High Sierra is the last version of macOS that will work your video card.

Unfortunately, Nvidia stopped releasing web drivers for their video cards. High Sierra is the last version of macOS that will work your video card.
That's why I kept my High Sierra installation all these years.

I can mount my EFI partition on Windows and edit it if someone can help provide their config.plist or EFI partiton please.

That's why I kept my High Sierra installation all these years.

I can mount my EFI partition on Windows and edit it if someone can help provide their config.plist or EFI partiton please.

If you change your video card to one that is supported by Big Sur, the attached EFI should work.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    24.9 MB · Views: 96
@pastrychef That is the reason I have switched to vega 56 GPU from GTX 1080.
Btw I have also updated to the bigSur on the first day of launch and everything seems working really well
What's the card performance like? I'm thinking of getting rid of the 1080ti for an amd card but not sure what it's equivalent is. I still want to use the PC for gaming

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back