Contribute
Register

pastrychef's build - Asus Maximus VIII Gene - i7-7700K - GTX 1080

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you using the iMac17.1 system definition? If yes, you will have to apply the "black screen fix".

If you use imac14,2 system definition, you should not get black screen.

I am using the imac14,2 system definition.
I also tried the 17,1 with the fixes outlined in the other thread. Did not work.
Also have tried different monitors and cables, both hdmi and display port.
I'm starting to think its the new bios version I have.
I am going to use the flashback feature to go to version 2202. I'm pretty sure the flashback feature will let you go backwards as well.
What do you think?

I am using the imac14,2 system definition.
I also tried the 17,1 with the fixes outlined in the other thread. Did not work.
Also have tried different monitors and cables, both hdmi and display port.
I'm starting to think its the new bios version I have.
I am going to use the flashback feature to go to version 2202. I'm pretty sure the flashback feature will let you go backwards as well.
What do you think?

Yesterday I decided to completely setup the system from scratch and this time I used iMac17,1 (have a look to my built in the footer). First of all after installation of appropriate SSDT my Hac seems to work more stable, also during idle I'm able to reach 800 MHz of the CPU Package. Before it wasn't lower than 1 GHz. After the installation of SSDT-HDMI-NVIDIA-PEG0 I was also finally able to get HDMI audio working.

IMHO iMac17,1 definition after the installation of black screen fix is better than iMac14,1.

trixxiee,

Thank you for that information.
I will try that before I mess with the bios flashback. I'm glad I read your build to avoid the same problem.
What black screen fix did you use? (method 1 , 2 or 3)

Thanks!

I used first method and installed those two kexts, it seemed to be the most straightforward :)

I'm pretty sure the flashback will work for you. Just remember to clear CMOS if you modified any parameters and use the appropriate port. Also USB stick should be formatted in FAT32. Good luck!

What a beast! It's hard to get a GTX 980 in Spain. The price... its too high!

Update:
Got everything working with system definition 15,1. Had to use a display port cable to get my monitor to work. SSDT-HDMI-NVIDIA-PEG0 audio is working with display port.
Thank you for all the help.

Hi pastrychef,
Have you got your AppleLPC and AppleIntelCpu loaded, as I can't see them in grep terminal commands neither in ioregistry explorer ?

Hi!

No, I do not see either of those either. Your ioreg looks pretty much identical to mine.

Hi!

i have a similar build and bevor 10.12.5 it runs without problems...

configuration:
Maximus Gene VIII Bios : 3401 but the 2202 has the same problem
6 fans and corsair H100iGTX watercooler
2-SLI-980TI
iMac 17.2 Definition
all mac os x functions work fine and without problems

THE PROBLEM

after the 10.12.5 update the mainboard power connector for waterpump and ROD mainboard leds are disabled after successful OSX start
it´s like a software switch in mac os x :(

any help welcome

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back