Contribute
Register

pastrychef's build - Asus Maximus VIII Gene - i7-7700K - GTX 1080

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whenever I updated BIOS, I used a USB flash drive.

There is a recovery method in case of a disaster with BIOS. I don't remember the exact procedure. Double check the manual.

Ok guys, I managed to exchange the BIOS chip. It arrived with the newest BIOS version so I did a flashback to 2202 and installed everything. I will create a new thread in user builds soon as I took some pictures and it would be nice to have a separate thread to fix all upcoming issues as I am sure there will be some :)

It's such a huge difference... my old MBA is now light-years behind this build :D

pastrychef's build - Asus Maximus VIII Gene - i7-6700K - GTX 980
pastrychef,

I'm following your installation guide. Where can I get a copy this SSDT.aml, as the line no.5 you mention >> 5. Copy your SSDT.aml to your EFI partition folder /EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched/.

Thanks

pastrychef,
Thanks for the fantastic write up on your machine.
I have the same mobo and followed your guide (and Stork's) to get the machine to boot.
I have a GTX1080, and I cannot get the graphics to load. I have searched and tried all the suggestions on this site to no avail.
I have bios 3307, and I am using the clover bootloader with NVRAM support. If I reboot with Nvidia drivers selected, I get the dreaded black screen. Do you have any other suggestions as to what it might be?

Thanks for the help.

pastrychef,
Thanks for the fantastic write up on your machine.
I have the same mobo and followed your guide (and Stork's) to get the machine to boot.
I have a GTX1080, and I cannot get the graphics to load. I have searched and tried all the suggestions on this site to no avail.
I have bios 3307, and I am using the clover bootloader with NVRAM support. If I reboot with Nvidia drivers selected, I get the dreaded black screen. Do you have any other suggestions as to what it might be?

Thanks for the help.

Hi.

Just make sure that you have "NvidiaWeb" checked in Clover Configurator's system parameters section.

Hi.

Just make sure that you have "NvidiaWeb" checked in Clover Configurator's system parameters section.

Thank you for the prompt reply.
It is checked. In the .plist its NvidiaWeb=True

Are you using the iMac17.1 system definition? If yes, you will have to apply the "black screen fix".

If you use imac14,2 system definition, you should not get black screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back