Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

got Big Sur to run with my RX 6800 XT + 9900K with your latest EFI folder using the agdmod=pikera boot argument.
Thank you so muhh! Got 2 issues now to tackle:

1) USB issue. I tried replace the SSDT files with the custom SSDT I made and that seems to work although still had weird things happen at the end but was usable. Mac os won't boot with the files below in the ACPI >patched/origin folders. Your work but I can't read an SD card with my installation then for some weird reason but large external HHD and SSDs work.

@pastrychef , if you got a minute, do you see anything wrong or something I'm missing or overlooked in the two SSDT files I had (attached). The one named SSDT-LPC was in Origin. I did a while back after days of trying to figure it out SSDT.

2) when clover boots, I can only boot via Preboot and there is no regular non-preboot option like usual. Should I be concerned? any guess why would it do that?

Sorry if this is a bit long! any insights into these would be amazing! thanks!

I can't even open the SSDT-UIAC. It might be corrupt.
You don't really need the SSDT-LPC.

In my opinion, it's best to create and use a USB port kext. You can easily create it using Hackintool. There's a guide at:

With newer versions of macOS booting from Preboot is normal.

some of you already noticed that "some" apps won't work anymore with Monterey?
they just quit and will leave in the crash log details like:

Code:
EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGBUS)
Exception Codes:       KERN_PROTECTION_FAILURE at

The old trick with just "sudo spctl --master-disable" doesn't work anymore. Anybody knows a fix for it?

some of you already noticed that "some" apps won't work anymore with Monterey?
they just quit and will leave in the crash log details like:

Code:
EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGBUS)
Exception Codes:       KERN_PROTECTION_FAILURE at

The old trick with just "sudo spctl --master-disable" doesn't work anymore. Anybody knows a fix for it?

I've not seen this. Everything I've tried (granted, not nearly everything, it's only been a short while) works fine. Do you have any specifics of what does this? Is it consistent on multiple hacks?

View attachment 531966
Not sure how long it took... I started the update and walked away... Came back and all was good.

View attachment 531967
0405637F-71EF-42A0-A317-BFE06120F33A.jpeg

I've been waiting for 20 minutes. nothing happens. Maybe frozen?

On my macbook air m1 it tooks round about 30 minutes.

Hey ya'll! I'm a complete noob here trying to figure out how to get my Hackintosh to Catalina (or to work at all).

@pastrychef, I followed your High Sierra install originally and it always worked with no issues. When I tried to upgrade to Catalina I used your EFI Unified r5.1.7. It originally worked for me but sometimes it wouldn't boot. I should have left well enough alone with my limited knowledge, but couldn't help myself and uploaded a different EFI folder. Of course, that ruined everything and now 24 hrs of work later the whole system won't load anything.

I've given up trying to get my SSD to upgrade the easy way and am now trying to start from scratch with a fresh install. My BIOS is version 1601. (I have all the settings like in your pictures.) I used UniBeast 10.2.0 for my USB, and changed the EFI folder to the one mentioned earlier. But I'm having no luck installing Catalina. It keeps crashing with 2 minutes left and isn't as smooth as the High Sierra install.

Attached is my config.plist and a snapshot of what I see at boot. Is there a different EFI folder I should be using? I know I'm missing something big I just don't have the know-how to fix it. If anyone can help that would be amazing.

Attachments

• config.plist
    11.2 KB · Views: 35
  • Boot screen.jpeg
    Boot screen.jpeg
    358.6 KB · Views: 34
Hey ya'll! I'm a complete noob here trying to figure out how to get my Hackintosh to Catalina (or to work at all).

@pastrychef, I followed your High Sierra install originally and it always worked with no issues. When I tried to upgrade to Catalina I used your EFI Unified r5.1.7. It originally worked for me but sometimes it wouldn't boot. I should have left well enough alone with my limited knowledge, but couldn't help myself and uploaded a different EFI folder. Of course, that ruined everything and now 24 hrs of work later the whole system won't load anything.

I've given up trying to get my SSD to upgrade the easy way and am now trying to start from scratch with a fresh install. My BIOS is version 1601. (I have all the settings like in your pictures.) I used UniBeast 10.2.0 for my USB, and changed the EFI folder to the one mentioned earlier. But I'm having no luck installing Catalina. It keeps crashing with 2 minutes left and isn't as smooth as the High Sierra install.

Attached is my config.plist and a snapshot of what I see at boot. Is there a different EFI folder I should be using? I know I'm missing something big I just don't have the know-how to fix it. If anyone can help that would be amazing.

Try with the OpenCore 0.7.2 EFI.

macOS Monterey 12.0.1
Took 3 reboots and ~30 minutes.
As recommended it is best to have no errors in your config.plist and you can use ocvalidate to check it.
Mine contained trivial errors and in order not to take risks I solved them.
Montere.png

ocvalid_errors.png

Back