Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

Hi @pastrychef
my hack works great thanks to the amazing work you do, thank You!

I have a minor issue I would like to fix though, today for the first time I connected an ethernet cable, went to the network tab in configuration expecting to see the ethernet adapter turning green, but instead, it said the cable was disconnected. I use WI-FI through the Broadcom BCM94360C2+M.2 adaptor, that's why this is really a minor thing.

Then I tested the cable and router to be sure everything works ok, and it does, I connected an old MBP, from those times when laptops came with RJ45 ports, and it worked right away. I also booted my hack to the windows disk, and it picked the ethernet connection too.

Once I restarted and booted to MacOS again it started to recognize the cable, but for some reason, it seems it can't reach the DHCP server, it says status: Connected, but: Ethernet has a self-assigned IP address and will not be able to connect to the Internet. Of course, the self-assigned IP is not in my subnet range. I tried to force it using DCHP with manual IP or even completely manual, but definitively it doesn't work.

I am running Big Sur 11.5.1 and OC 0.7.2, exactly your EFI configured with my Serial number, UUID, Mac address and pikera boot argument.

Any idea what could be the problem?

Thanks again
Jorge
Same….

Hi @pastrychef
my hack works great thanks to the amazing work you do, thank You!

I have a minor issue I would like to fix though, today for the first time I connected an ethernet cable, went to the network tab in configuration expecting to see the ethernet adapter turning green, but instead, it said the cable was disconnected. I use WI-FI through the Broadcom BCM94360C2+M.2 adaptor, that's why this is really a minor thing.

Then I tested the cable and router to be sure everything works ok, and it does, I connected an old MBP, from those times when laptops came with RJ45 ports, and it worked right away. I also booted my hack to the windows disk, and it picked the ethernet connection too.

Once I restarted and booted to MacOS again it started to recognize the cable, but for some reason, it seems it can't reach the DHCP server, it says status: Connected, but: Ethernet has a self-assigned IP address and will not be able to connect to the Internet. Of course, the self-assigned IP is not in my subnet range. I tried to force it using DCHP with manual IP or even completely manual, but definitively it doesn't work.

I am running Big Sur 11.5.1 and OC 0.7.2, exactly your EFI configured with my Serial number, UUID, Mac address and pikera boot argument.

Any idea what could be the problem?

Thanks again
Jorge

Hmm... Weird...

Please try replacing the IntelMausiEthernet in /EFI/OC/Kexts/ with the one attached below.

Attachments

• IntelMausiEthernet-V2.5.3d1r2.zip
    49.5 KB · Views: 38
Can you share the source of that file? I'm having a hard time downloading it in chrome....

nvm Safari let me get it....

About to reboot, but d3 was on previous OC71 and it worked fine there. Testing with d1 now...

No change with d1. Flipped from off to DHCP, can't get IP address, so using self-assigned.

No change with d1. Flipped from off to DHCP, can't get IP address, so using self-assigned.

Hmm... I don't know what can be wrong. I don't even have an ethernet cable connected to the motherboard ethernet because I use my 10GBase-T...

I'll test it out when I'm on my Z370-G.

I just tested with IntelMausiEthernet2.5.3d3 and it's working fine on my Z370-G. DHCP pulled an IP without problems.

Edit:
I just tested the OpenCore 0.7.2 EFI from post #1 and built-in ethernet works fine.

Last edited:
Unfortunately, didn't work on my hack, not sure what else can I check.

I have vmware and virtual box installed here, since big sur both weren't unable to share a VPN connection in the host, which was fixed by virtual box not long ago, but not vmware, ..I could have messed up with the routing table trying to find a workaround.

Thanks

VMware here, no virtual box.

Unfortunately, didn't work on my hack, not sure what else can I check.

I have vmware and virtual box installed here, since big sur both weren't unable to share a VPN connection in the host, which was fixed by virtual box not long ago, but not vmware, ..I could have messed up with the routing table trying to find a workaround.

Thanks

VMware here, no virtual box.

Did you guys try clearing NVRAM at the OpenCore Boot Picker?

Back