Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

1.Installed 11.5, after that my SSDT (which has always worked) does not work anymore. Has something changed (updated from 11.2.3) regarding USB-s ?

2. Also still having annoying problem, when shutting off 1 (main) monitor (connected to Display Port, does not "wake", when i turn it back on, i then turn on other monitor (connected with regular DVI cable) and from there i go to display properties and change resolution or Hz from main monitor which does not wake and after changing something, it wakes immidiately.

Any ideas? @pastrychef

Huge thanks fo any input!
PK

You lost me a bit. How do you know your SSDT doesn't work? What is USB-s?

1.Installed 11.5, after that my SSDT (which has always worked) does not work anymore. Has something changed (updated from 11.2.3) regarding USB-s ?

2. Also still having annoying problem, when shutting off 1 (main) monitor (connected to Display Port, does not "wake", when i turn it back on, i then turn on other monitor (connected with regular DVI cable) and from there i go to display properties and change resolution or Hz from main monitor which does not wake and after changing something, it wakes immidiately.

Any ideas? @pastrychef

Huge thanks fo any input!
PK

I stopped using the SSDT quite some time ago because it stopped working for me too. I don't know why. I just switched to using the kext and all is fine.

View attachment 525082macOS 11.5 Update via System Preferences, took ~18 minutes.
OpenCore 0.7.1
Same - 11.5, .71 OC, works fine. One reboot, works fine.

Boot picklist by default had "Macintosh HD" (IIRC) selected, so I allowed that to boot, rather than my SSD's name of "MacOS".

Thanks for the confirmation, guys. My system is busy doing stuff, and I won't be able to update my build for another day or two...

I stopped using the SSDT quite some time ago because it stopped working for me too. I don't know why. I just switched to using the kext and all is fine.
I see, whats the easiest way making usb kext, in hackintool just plug usb2 and usb3 device, block the unused and export kext? Do i delete the ssdt from patched folder?

Thanks,
PK

Hey PC, I’m going to build another one of these. I built my first one in 2018 when you released your spec. It’s been superb all the way. I’m writing because the graphic card in the original spec is no longer available. Do you know which cards that are currently available will work with this spec? Thanks so much. Fitz

Hey PC, I’m going to build another one of these. I built my first one in 2018 when you released your spec. It’s been superb all the way. I’m writing because the graphic card in the original spec is no longer available. Do you know which cards that are currently available will work with this spec? Thanks so much. Fitz
AMD cards. RX570, RX580, 5700 and variants, 6700, 6800, 6900...

I see, whats the easiest way making usb kext, in hackintool just plug usb2 and usb3 device, block the unused and export kext?

Yes, exactly. It's super easy.

Do i delete the ssdt from patched folder?

Yes. Delete the SSDT from the patched folder and USBInjectAll.kext if you use that. Then, put the kext in the /kext/Other/ folder.

Please see my Gigabyte Z390M build, post #3 (link is below in my signature). I have all the info you need there.

Prices on graphics cards are still very high right now but I think they will be dropping rapidly, so you may want to wait a little bit...

Back