Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

My build is still running strong, no issues. I purchased 2 of the z370-g wifi-boards at the same time. Recently sold my remaining one. Question from buyer that I have no idea how to answer hoping that you may be able to help:
do you remember the BIOS version for this board when you first got it? I need to know if I should get an 8th gen cpu, in order to upgrade the bios to use my 9th gen cpu.
I have no idea what bios is on the board- is there a way around?

I don't remember the original BIOS version but you definitely need to update from the original BIOS to a later version if you want to use a 9th gen CPU.

You can probably check the version by going in to BIOS to look around.

Upgrading BIOS has always been smooth and easy for me on this motherboard.

Does anyone plan to put Win11 on these boards? I briefly looked in the manual and did not see a TPM2.0 mount; as that's one of the Win11 requirements, I'm a bit concerned this kills Win11 on this motherboard. :(

I don't remember the original BIOS version but you definitely need to update from the original BIOS to a later version if you want to use a 9th gen CPU.

You can probably check the version by going in to BIOS to look around.

Upgrading BIOS has always been smooth and easy for me on this motherboard.
Is there a way to do it without first buying and installing an 8th gen- can we boot the board without the cpu

Is there a way to do it without first buying and installing an 8th gen- can we boot the board without the cpu

I don't know. I'll have to wait for Windows 11 to be officially released to try...

You can just re-install macOS on top of your existing installation. Your apps will all still be there.

OK, I tried everything I could find on the Internet about this problem. I even set up the whole system, it's still the same:

I cannot wake up my Mac with my Bluetooth devices like the Apple keyboard or the Apple trackpad, no matter if I enable it or not in the Bluetooth menu. But at least I found out that if I disable wake by Bluetooth devices, Bluetooth won't crash after I wake the computer with a USB device.

OK, I tried everything I could find on the Internet about this problem. I even set up the whole system, it's still the same:

I cannot wake up my Mac with my Bluetooth devices like the Apple keyboard or the Apple trackpad, no matter if I enable it or not in the Bluetooth menu. But at least I found out that if I disable wake by Bluetooth devices, Bluetooth won't crash after I wake the computer with a USB device.

Just to reconfirm...

You are using a BCM94360CS2 card with a PCI-e adaptor.
You already reconfigured your USB ports kext.
Bluetooth doesn't give you problems in Windows.

Correct?

Just to reconfirm...

You are using a BCM94360CS2 card with a PCI-e adaptor.
Yes, it's a ABWB 802,11 AC WI-FI + Bluetooth 4.0 PCI-Express (PCI-E) BCM94360CS2 Combo card. Apparently the bluetooth module could be switched, but I have never tried.

You already reconfigured your USB ports kext.
Yes.
Bluetooth doesn't give you problems in Windows.
Correct?

I don't use Windows.

Everything else works, Airdrop, Hands-off, Sidecar. It's really only this wake/sleep issue that I have. What is really strange is that it worked before. I am not sure, but I think it even worked on previous versions of Big Sur. So maybe it's an Open Core 0.7 problem. I could try to use Clover again. Or would you recommend to switch the BCM94360CS2 to a BCM94360CD module?

Or would it even make sense to swap the whole combo card to this? https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07VCCZS54/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

Yes, it's a ABWB 802,11 AC WI-FI + Bluetooth 4.0 PCI-Express (PCI-E) BCM94360CS2 Combo card. Apparently the bluetooth module could be switched, but I have never tried.

Yes.

I don't use Windows.

Everything else works, Airdrop, Hands-off, Sidecar. It's really only this wake/sleep issue that I have. What is really strange is that it worked before. I am not sure, but I think it even worked on previous versions of Big Sur. So maybe it's an Open Core 0.7 problem. I could try to use Clover again. Or would you recommend to switch the BCM94360CS2 to a BCM94360CD module?

Or would it even make sense to swap the whole combo card to this? https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07VCCZS54/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

Triple check that the USB port that's connected to Bluetooth is set to connector type 255.

Try booting in to Windows or Linux and see if Bluetooth gives you any problems to confirm if it's a hardware issue or not.

Triple check that the USB port that's connected to Bluetooth is set to connector type 255.

Try booting in to Windows or Linux and see if Bluetooth gives you any problems to confirm if it's a hardware issue or not.
I am mapping my USB ports again at the moment, one thing is strange. On ports PRT1 und PRT2 I don't get the 10Gbps, only the 5Gbps which is only USB 3.0. But I thought these ports should support 3.1. gen2?

Last edited:
Back