Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

Beware: in OpenCore 0.6.9 there was the following change:
UEFI > AppleInput > CustomDelays new type Boolean (former String)
The data type in the .plist has thus to be changed to Boolean, else there will be an error message at every startup.

If you look at the config.plist in my latest EFI. It's already done.

Attachments

• Boolean.png
    Boolean.png
    164.2 KB · Views: 52
Hi Pastri, @scottkendall, I couldn't chime in sooner to give you feedback about my issue.
It all became solved once Otoy released a new version of OctaneX, with PR11 everything has been smooth from the first minute, no issues at all.
The system is now rock solid as never was with nVidia 1080. Not a single crash.
GPU temperature is good and I am back to CPU OC profile (around 60-70ºC under load), only getting hot for small periods of time when Octane performs denoising tasks (it can get up to 90ºC for a few seconds, ten at most).

I am having a lot of work and have not had the time to swap to the i9-9900K CPU and a new 1200W PSU :crazy: I bought.

I updated OSX to 11.3.1 without issues. :headbang:

And I just updated to your latest OC EFI: all is running butter smooth!

I can't thank you enough for your dedication to this fantastic rig and to this forum, and for your generosity.

Attachments

• 210506_os_update.png
    210506_os_update.png
    96.7 KB · Views: 40
11.3.1 running smoothly with latest OC EFI here. Once again, thanks for all work you put into this! :)

After upgrading to 11.3.1 and using OC EFI my hackintosh stopped syncing Safari tabs to my Apple devices. It can see their iClout Tabs just fine, but they can't see hackintosh tabs at all. In addition to that, the safari web pages handoff feature seems to be broken, the safari handoff icon shows up on my macbook when I open new web page on hackintosh, but pressing it just opens an empty safari tab, not the web page.

Anyone seen anything like it and knows how to fix that? I tried turning the safari sync off/on on all my devices, tried to signout/signin to iCloud account, tried rebooting, nothing changed so far.

the safari web pages handoff feature seems to be broken

I just tested this between my hackbook and my desktop and it seems to be working fine in both directions.

Hello, @pastrychef. Today I filed a big harsh complaint under the Apple feedback session. I want to share my experience with others In any case, I was wondering wonder which is the proper section for that.

I think it's worth to be discussed. It was a very stressful experience and as I promised, I'll post my experience on every forum until they will make changes. I don't have the possibility to contact you privately. But, if you hear about it, I am sure that you will agree. How can I talk to you pvt? Maybe if you send me a PM, I can reply?

Hello, @pastrychef. Today I filed a big harsh complaint under the Apple feedback session. I want to share my experience with others In any case, I was wondering wonder which is the proper section for that.

I think it's worth to be discussed. It was a very stressful experience and as I promised, I'll post my experience on every forum until they will make changes. I don't have the possibility to contact you privately. But, if you hear about it, I am sure that you will agree. How can I talk to you pvt? Maybe if you send me a PM, I can reply?

Private communications are not allowed on this forum. The best place for such a discussion is probably in the Forum > The Clubhouse > Bat Cave.

Back